snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Business Bytes

Old 05 October 2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
I guess it depends on your definition of a roller coaster, then. My definition is that a roller coaster consists of cars on tracks not controllable by the riders. I consider Autotopia, Mr Toad's Wild Ride (if it still exists), Indiana Jones, Roger Rabbit, and the Radiator Springs racers to also be roller coasters.
You can exert some control of the Autopia cars -- the driver can vary the speed, and you can sort of weave back and forth, even if you can't actually stray from the course of the track. (It's why it was probably my favorite ride in the park when I was like 10 years old...)

(They used to have the "Motor Boat Cruise" which also let the passenger slightly vary the speed of the boat -- you couldn't actually stop it -- although the steering wheels on them spun freely and were purely ornamental. Quite possibly the most boring ride in the entire history of the park...)
Old 05 October 2018, 06:57 PM

Glasses

Another thought about the benches -- where will folks who get off of one of these wild rides and need to sit down due to dizziness or nausea go? The first aid station at Disneyland is at the end of Main Street, too far from most side-effect rides to be useful.

Morning
is grumbly about the bench removal.
Old 07 October 2018, 05:06 PM

D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft View Post
Actually in those days Disney's only "roller coaster" was the Matterhorn. (But Knott's didn't have any then, either.) Nowadays, Knott's is much more the place for coasters and thrill rides.

And I'm still kicking myself for not going to KBF instead of Disney Land when I was out there back in '86.