snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09 October 2007, 07:15 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Icon95

Comment: Please send me a copy of my prior message about a Complaint free
world, which your site prevented me from keeping for my records.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09 October 2007, 01:39 PM
Just Jocko's Avatar
Just Jocko Just Jocko is offline
 
Join Date: 08 October 2005
Location: Harford County, MD
Posts: 15,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: Please send me a copy of my prior message about a Complaint free
world, which your site prevented me from keeping for my records.
We charge for copying messages. $20.00 please.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 24 October 2007, 09:23 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Reading

Comment: An urban legend is defined as:

An apocryphal, secondhand story that is told as true,
plausible enough to be believed, and likely to be framed as a cautionary
tale, about some horrific, embarrassing, ironic, or exasperating series of
events that supposedly happened to a real person.

Therefore i kindly ask that you include the BIBLE, Talmud and the Koran as
false Urban legends.

There is no scientific evidence of any kind to suggest that these "Holy"
books are anything more then urban legends.

If people have scientific evidence that these books
are truly the word of god
then let them put up or shut up.
Will Snopes have the courage to FINALLY settle the score?
Let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 24 October 2007, 09:45 PM
DemonWolf's Avatar
DemonWolf DemonWolf is offline
 
Join Date: 24 April 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 13,114
Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: An urban legend is defined as:

An apocryphal, secondhand story that is told as true,
plausible enough to be believed, and likely to be framed as a cautionary
tale, about some horrific, embarrassing, ironic, or exasperating series of
events that supposedly happened to a real person.

Therefore i kindly ask that you include the BIBLE, Talmud and the Koran as
false Urban legends.

There is no scientific evidence of any kind to suggest that these "Holy"
books are anything more then urban legends.

If people have scientific evidence that these books
are truly the word of god
then let them put up or shut up.
Will Snopes have the courage to FINALLY settle the score?
Let me know.
Ignoring the fact that "because snopes says so" is unlikely to convince many belivers, some parts of the bible (and other holy works) cannot be disproven either. We know that there was a historical Herod and a historical Pontious Pilate. We cannot dismiss the book in it's entirety just because some parts were not as described. Not to mention that some parts may be alligorical and therefore impossible to prove either way.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03 November 2007, 11:55 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Icon13

Comment: dear sirs...

i recently was browsing your site ..
and found a page about the youngest person to give birth.

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp


on this page was a picture which i find most disturbing...in todays
society.

the 1st one in the article of the little girl pregnant

please remove it from the site ..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03 November 2007, 11:56 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Icon13

Comment: I was browsing the site earlier this week and came across a pic
of a child that I think should be removed. It's in the 'Fauxtography'
section and the thread is named 'Do not let your kids play with the Flip
Phones (NSFW)'. I think the pic displayed within this section should be
removed from the site immediately. Just wanted to make someone aware.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05 November 2007, 07:39 PM
Dr. Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
Dr. Winston O'Boogie Dr. Winston O'Boogie is offline
 
Join Date: 23 February 2000
Location: Fox Lake, IL
Posts: 5,231
Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: I was browsing the site earlier this week and came across a pic
of a child that I think should be removed. It's in the 'Fauxtography'
section and the thread is named 'Do not let your kids play with the Flip
Phones (NSFW)'. I think the pic displayed within this section should be
removed from the site immediately. Just wanted to make someone aware.
This person should NOT check out the forums!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05 November 2007, 07:49 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Icon22

Comment: Snopes
If you don't believe in GOD, then why don't you go to HELL.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05 November 2007, 07:58 PM
Dr. Winston O'Boogie's Avatar
Dr. Winston O'Boogie Dr. Winston O'Boogie is offline
 
Join Date: 23 February 2000
Location: Fox Lake, IL
Posts: 5,231
Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: Snopes
If you don't believe in GOD, then why don't you go to HELL.
Because if he doesn't believe in GOD, then he doesn't believe in HELL.

This one was too easy.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02 December 2007, 07:58 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Shout

Comment: curt shilling's bloody sock in the world series game.... find out
about it!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 14 December 2007, 06:12 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Tantrum

Comment: I am outraged at the thought of dicontinuing the black stamp
colection. And Martin Luther Kings stamp, I went on line to order them and
I was not able to do that. And I want to know why.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 14 December 2007, 06:49 PM
Arriah's Avatar
Arriah Arriah is offline
 
Join Date: 15 August 2005
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 3,663
D'oh!

Hint: blackstampcollection.com is not the right website.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 18 December 2007, 04:32 PM
Ieuan ab Arthur's Avatar
Ieuan ab Arthur Ieuan ab Arthur is offline
 
Join Date: 19 October 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,214
Icon401

Hi All:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: I am outraged at the thought of dicontinuing the black stamp colection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriah View Post
Hint: blackstampcollection.com is not the right website.
Don't you mean "blackstampcolection.com?"

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "LOLCat spelz gwd!" ab Arthur
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 22 December 2007, 05:38 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Comment: kindly send me all i need to know about the boxing day.

Its origin till date.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 22 December 2007, 05:40 PM
A Turtle Named Mack's Avatar
A Turtle Named Mack A Turtle Named Mack is offline
 
Join Date: 21 June 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 21,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Comment: kindly send me all i need to know about the boxing day.

Its origin till date.
You've lived quite a while not knowing a thing about Boxing Day. I guess that's all you need to know.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 27 December 2007, 06:26 PM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Comment: Hire me. PLEASE.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 30 December 2007, 03:35 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Shout

Comment: Mammograms Cause Breast Cancer?

You say there is no info on this. I go to search engine and you say there
is nothing. I am reading the story on line right now! I want to know if
this is true before I send it off.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 30 December 2007, 09:37 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Comment: please letmy computer sign off
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01 January 2008, 12:51 AM
snopes's Avatar
snopes snopes is offline
 
Join Date: 18 February 2000
Location: California
Posts: 109,652
Tantrum

Comment: When I worked in the King County (Washington State) Prosecutor's
office during 1989 through 1990, I learned about the Chicago-based gang
known as the Black Gangster Disciples (BGDs). I know they existed then
and that their leader was finally sentenced to 25 yrs. to Life in an
ILlinois penitentiary. Yet, you don't seem to know anything about this
most fearsome gang. WHY IS THAT?

They were very organized and very influential in politics, even to the
point of having strong representation in Washington, D.C. politics-by way
of a representative or senator.

KINDLY SEARCH OUT THIS INFORMATION AND GIVE ME WHAT YOU FIND.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01 January 2008, 07:14 AM
Karmyn Karmyn is offline
 
Join Date: 22 July 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 931
Yow!

Gangs and corrupt politicians in Chicago? I am shocked. And outraged. Next you'll be telling me that there's a woman running for President. Or that baseball players use steroids. What other shocking revelations will you share with us?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.