Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 15 December 2017, 08:25 PM

Frying Pan

Another one: "Moonstruck"

"Somebody tell a joke!"

"Snap out of it!"

"They're little birds and stars. Birds fly to the stars, I guess..."
Old 18 December 2017, 08:53 PM

Every time I think I'm clear of this thread...(say it with me now) THEY PULL ME BACK IN.

I keep coming back here because I think of more lines that get used on a regular basis, such as:
The Sandlot: for whenever someone does something uncool or stupid - either "You're killin' me, Smalls! or "the kid is a L....7....WEEEEEEEE-NEEEEEEE!!!!!"
Or when the insults start flying, inevitably someone will bellow "well you play ball like A GIIIIIIIRRRRRLLLLL!!!" The farther away from baseball the activity currently engaged in is, the better.

The Abby Normal line from Young Frankenstein has been used so often as a nickname that I can't even remember a time when it wasn't in regular usage.

No doubts there will be more.
Old 19 December 2017, 01:37 PM

Spit Take

I just thought of another F-Troop one from college days:

"I don't know why everybody says you're so dumb!"

Hours, sometimes days would pass before the other person would recite the appropriate response:

"Who says I'm dumb?!?!"
Old 19 December 2017, 02:28 PM

I use "Socmed" [ soch-meed ] to refer to social media. It's from when Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson of Broad City were on Late Night and they were trying to make Stephan Colbert think it was the millennial term for social media.
Old 18 January 2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprise Me View Post
"Objection, your honor!"
"On what grounds?"
"It's devastating to my case!"
- Liar, Liar
One of the writ attorneys gave a training today on making objections and preserving the record. She put together a clever and engaging Powerpoint, with a few clips from various courtroom scenes in film and television for comedic effect to illustrate her points, INCLUDING A CLIP FROM LIAR, LIAR, AND SHE DIDN'T USE THIS SCENE! It killed me. Literally. I am writing to you from beyond the grave. In lieu of flowers, please upload copyrighted material to YouTube so no one ever suffers this fate again.
Old 18 January 2018, 02:18 PM

"It comes in pints?!" (LotR:FotR) We use this whenever we discover that a product comes in a different size, flavour, variety, packaging.

"Okay, now I can't get down" (Firefly pilot) Anytime I've left myself in a sticky situation, like hands full, but need to open the door