snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 05 January 2018, 09:11 PM

Default ‘Hello, nurse!’ Two new seasons of ‘Animaniacs’ coming to Hulu

Animation fans can once again join the Warner brothers (and the Warner sister Dot) on their hilarious adventures.

“Animaniacs” will return for at least two new seasons on Hulu. The streaming service has teamed with Amblin Television and Warner Bros. in the deal.

http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/...193084194.html
Old 05 January 2018, 09:14 PM

...the particular headline used makes me wonder if there will be something of a change of tone in certain parts of the show, given today's atmosphere. Watching old episodes -- well, they don't get quite into Pepe LePew territory, but there is an awful lot of ogling girls, chasing girls, etc. (and occasionally Dot gets to do the same for boys). I hope they can take our post-Weinstein sensibilities into account, without compromising on the chaos.
Old 06 January 2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft View Post
...the particular headline used makes me wonder if there will be something of a change of tone in certain parts of the show, given today's atmosphere. Watching old episodes -- well, they don't get quite into Pepe LePew territory, but there is an awful lot of ogling girls, chasing girls, etc. (and occasionally Dot gets to do the same for boys). I hope they can take our post-Weinstein sensibilities into account, without compromising on the chaos.
I think the entertainment industry in general (if you can generalise such a huge thing) needs to find the way to balance bawdy humour with respect. There's absolutely no reason the two things should be incompatible.