snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > We've Got Mail

Old 19 February 2018, 01:57 AM
snopes minion

Comment: I just want to take a moment to say this might be the best and most noble website in existence. If the war against fake news and not checking sources can be won, you're our best chance. Never stop doing what you're doing.
Old 19 February 2018, 03:58 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for fact checking the insane amount of rumors over the internet. I am glad y'all exist and am glad you open peoples eyes more and more each day. Keep up the good work.
Old 19 February 2018, 08:59 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for fighting misinformation. Everything that is going on in our country is absolutely terrifying and having a trusted source of information is invaluable. Please keep doing what you do.
Old 20 February 2018, 04:41 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Please keep up this important work!! We've lost true journalistic integrity everywhere else since the privatization of news and sorely need your services!!
Deepest Gratitude!
Old 21 February 2018, 08:00 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I really appreciate Snopes and the work you guys do. I rely on the work you guys do for news and information. Thank you!
Old 23 February 2018, 02:04 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I remember cruising this website, presented in an arachaic 'angelfire' style html, to see if there was any merit to the story of a gang killing someone for warning them that they were driving without headlights. Now you guys stand as a top resource in fact checking. Well done.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:25 PM
snopes minion

Comment: This may seem odd, but I just want to express my appreciation for this site. So often I see people posting misleading things on social media and never stopping to think critically about what they're being told or chase down the full story. While I don't usually like to rely on one source for information on a topic, Snopes cites their sources well and makes it easy to present people with a single link to clear information debunking, proving, or illuminating contentious claims. Thank you for existing! Thank you for the hard work you do!
Old 27 February 2018, 04:27 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Excellent resource and valuable, please keep doing it !
will point my kids at it
Old 07 March 2018, 04:36 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello,
Apologies if this sounds like a strange message. I'm not used to sending, what is basically, fan mail.
I really wanted to believe I was someone who could spot 'fake news' a mile away. I've been reading the news all my life and I grew up in the information age, so I understand the wonder and pitfalls of social media. But time and again, I've been convinced by something which turned out to be false. It makes you feel betrayed by others and your own gullibility.
When I first found Snopes, I used it as a resource to check what I was reading online. Before clicking that lethal 'Share' button and spreading something fake! Now, it's become one of my primary news sources, along with the BBC and the Guardian. Your site has become invaluable to me.
So I think I'm just emailing to say, thank you! Please keep up your amazing work. I'm sure you've got a vast but silence readership. But in an age where complaints are voiced and gratitude is usually unsaid, I felt like I had to say thank you for everything you do.
Old 09 March 2018, 01:55 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Hello Snopes,
I have always appreciated your site's fact-checking talent. You are credible and objective and above all the fake news nonsense. Funny story: I went on a date a few weeks back with this woman who later texted me a link to that story concocted by a few on the extreme right that some of students at the Parkland school shooting were actually actors. I immediately went to Snopes to check out its validity. As usual, you guys were on top of this story and quickly debunked it. I texted her back the link to your investigation. For a few hours I didn't hear back. I finally texted her to see if she had read it. Her two responses were: "I read it" "Not a fan of snopes." Needless to say, I never went out with her again. My own fact-checking came to the conclusion she is a loon.
Keep up the outstanding work!
Old 19 March 2018, 01:44 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you! Well done! From all of us beaten daily by info of the fabricated kind, we appreciate your diligence!
Old 19 March 2018, 01:51 AM
snopes minion

Comment: Just wanted to say Congratulations!! on the victories you've had. I was unaware of the on-going problems that your website and company have been in. Thank you for the update, being on a fixed income...will check out the GoFund me site and hopefully be able to contribute something to this effort. I just discovered your site a short time ago...and yes, your service of blowing the whistle on misinformation and "fake news" has become vital in our world. I have posted some of your stuff on my Facebook page, since it seem so many people are just ill informed and seem to no longer question stories, articles, and just rumors and hearsay nowadays. Critical thinking....wonder whatever happened to that ability. Your site is a very reliable "goto" place to find out if something is authentic or not. Continue the good work!
Old 19 March 2018, 02:33 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Thank you for this detailed report! I so appreciate you and your colleagues' fact checking and reporting!
Old 22 March 2018, 02:16 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Really fine debunking work, David. Meticulously researched, or at least it certainly seems that way. Myself I never believed these fatuous allegations in the first place, any more than I believe the Illuminati are conspiring to take over the world and turn any non-Illuminati left into their minions, but still...as pitiful as it is that I still need to send paranoid individuals links to this site from time to time all these many years later, it's good that I have a reliable debunker to send them to. Your reasoning is unimpeachable, but I enjoy that it's laced with plenty of humor. And I hope you never quit fighting the good fight, for sanity and common sense to prevail over paranoia.
Old 23 March 2018, 03:59 PM
snopes minion

Comment: This is really scarry, don't scammers have anthhing to do ??? I'm so glad I seen message from lady that said it was a hoax and to check it out on 'snopes.com' and I'm so glad I did Thank you, Snopes .com!! Am also glad I receive your newsletter Thank you again!!!
Old 31 March 2018, 06:50 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I just want to you sguys are awesome! I blast this site over social media all the time. I was so upset by false post and had to do some digging to always find the correct information, now I just run it through your site and usually find my answer. I just post a link to the correct information to get truth out there. Keep up with what you're doing.
Old 03 April 2018, 09:19 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Just wanted to say thanks to you, and all the Snopes staff/researchers, for your hard work and dedication to the truth.
Old 06 April 2018, 01:45 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I love you guys, you are great!
Old 06 April 2018, 05:40 PM
snopes minion

Comment: I want to thank Snopes and the reporters/fact checkers for this and all of your articles and information. Brilliant work. You are one of the few places left that I can trust for reliable and rational news and analysis. Excellent!
Old 11 April 2018, 06:07 PM
snopes minion

Comment: Good, sensible analysis. Allows people to see what actually happened and draw their own conclusions about the problem. Too many out there just tell you what to think.