snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 04 December 2015, 04:29 AM

Default Positive reaction to Torbay teen's post triumphs hateful 'ugliest girls' poll

For every person who participated in a poll rating high school girls in Torbay based on their looks, more have come out to blast the person who created it and champion the teenager who fought back. Lynnelle Cantwell's Facebook post responding to cyber bullies who created a poll on social media site ask.fm called 'Ugliest girls at hth' has generating much praise and attention.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...well-1.3348695

Good for her and may I add I am so glad I am not in high school anymore.
Old 05 December 2015, 01:02 AM

Mouse

Me too, Sue. I still haven't decided one way or the other whether I'll have kids. Maybe I'll be content to play the cool aunt to my cousin's kids or maybe when my circumstances have changed, I'll be more open to the idea. I did decide many years ago that I will probably screw up and make mistakes, but I will never ever say, "These are the best years of your life," to any of my kids. Anyone who says that or talks about childhood as an idyllic time, clearly was never a child.

Normally I try to avoid making Never statements, because experience has taught me that God or the Universe or whatever you want to call it, loves nothing more than upsetting Never statements (it's like you're challenging them), but I stand by this one. Though I admit to being biased in that I spent my adolescence, clinically depressed.