snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 03 July 2015, 09:03 PM

Devil Paul Bernardo has applied for day parole in Toronto area

Paul Bernardo, Canadaís most notorious murderer and rapist, has applied for day parole in the Toronto area, the Star has learned. Bernardo was convicted 20 years ago of murdering two teenage school girls, Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French. He was sentenced to life in prison with no hope of parole for 25 years. However, notices from Correctional Service Canada went out last week to at least one of his victims, advising her Bernardo had applied for day parole in the Toronto area.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...onto-area.html

I am not worried that he will actually get parole. I do wonder what motivates someone like him to even apply. Getting kicks from tormenting his victims and his victims families is a strong possibility I think.
Old 03 July 2015, 09:39 PM

How upsetting for them. I can understand why they contact them, but it must be incredibly stressful to be updated with that kind of info.