Closed Thread

Old 12 October 2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
Or he saw:

DO NOT FLUSH
LADY STUFF LADY STUFF
GROSS LOOK AWAY

FWIW, I know all guys aren't like that. I just like to poke fun at the ones who are.
When we first moved into the premises we're currently using I just so happened to be the guy who installed new fluorescent tubes in what used to be the women's toilets back when it was a factory which meant I was also the guy who discovered that those women had been .... somewhat relaxed .... about certain hygiene matters. Actually they were downright artistic in their approach and they had redecorated the toilet cubicle by methodically splattering menstrual blood over almost every square inch of the walls. And because I hate leaving any job half finished I went and got some gloves and some bleach and a bucket of hot water and I got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the walls clean without needing to be asked.

So I guess I'm not one of those guys.

Oh and one of the other toilets had apparently been used by a homeless person who was living on the premises between tenants and they'd kept crapping in the toilet even after the water had stopped running, so you can imagine what that had ended up looking like. I got to clean up that mess as well.
(I actually waited for the plumber to come in and reconnect the water to the toilet before I cleaned it because I knew that poor sucker would have to clean up most of the mess for me. After all, he was getting paid to do the work and I was only a volunteer.)
Old 12 October 2017, 03:24 PM

Oh that is way beyond gross. Ugh.

I didn't think you (or anyone here) were one of those guys. I was thinking more of the ex who complained because my tampons were on the back of the toilet (where I could easily reach them from the toilet) instead of hidden away under the sink (where they would be difficult to reach from the toilet).

"What will my friends think when they see those?"
"That you live with a woman and get laid regularly?" (is what I should have said)
Old 12 October 2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
(By the way, do they also have women's masculine hygiene products? -- )
Yes, they smell like pine tar and doing donuts in the parking lot.
Old 12 October 2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
FWIW, I know all guys aren't like that.
Dave Foley sure isn't.

https://youtu.be/ppuMaQ4hZE4
Old 12 October 2017, 11:22 PM

Here is a good XKCD cartoon that I'm sure will come in handy in future, so I'm posting the link here to make it easier to find:

Logical
https://xkcd.com/1901/
Old 13 October 2017, 10:36 PM

Our old house was used in the most recent Stephen King movie (which sucked, IMHO, the TV miniseries was way better). When we put it on the market a production company approached us and asked if they could shoot there for 3 days. They paid us an INSANE amount but did move all our trees (why?!) and then re-planted them, according to the new buyer the re-planting didn't take and he had to get new trees (mature trees cost a lot of money, plus WHY, so it was a real shame).

They wouldn't tell us what movie it was so we couldn't spill the beans --they did tell us it was a remake of a King movie-- but I am a huge Stephen King fan so I guessed it in one. My only regret is we ended up paying $30 to see such a crap movie. It was the house where Bill and Georgie lived.
Old 13 October 2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Dave Foley sure isn't.
Wow, he's so young in that clip.
Old 14 October 2017, 12:24 AM

Less than a mile from here, a semi hauling cows jackknifed, closing a major road for hours. The driver is okay, two cows died and several more had to be rounded up. Luckily I turn the opposite direction to go home, but I hear traffic is backed up all over the place. I just know I'm going to be hearing bad cow puns for a week.
Old 14 October 2017, 12:39 AM

We promise to milk it for all it's worth.
Old 14 October 2017, 12:40 AM

Baseball

I bet the cops were on the horns of a dilemma trying to round up the poor cows.
Old 14 October 2017, 12:53 AM

I find it very hard not to like Dave Foley but unfortunately he is a notorious deadbeat dad.

While my actor husband and I were living in Canada we encountered and knew of plenty actors facing really crap tax situations (your estimated tax is based on what you earned last year, but actors' earnings tend to fluctuate wildly so for example when my husband's TV show was cancelled he had to take out a loan to pay his estimated taxes the next year, which eventually did get refunded but still). I'm guessing child support might also be based on possibly wildly fluctuating income, which is definitely an issue for actors.
Old 14 October 2017, 02:23 PM

Baseball

A curious thought hit my head today. Years ago, when many of the threads here involved some interesting debate, I would oftentimes spend a not short period of time reviewing, editing, reworking and rewording my responses to a post before I hit submit.

Today I caught myself doing it again, over a non-contentious thread.

Does anyone else reread and edit their responses routinely before submitting?
Old 14 October 2017, 03:53 PM

Raises hand, UEL.

(This particular one didn't require much checking, though.)
Old 14 October 2017, 03:55 PM

I should. I tend to re-read only after I post. Which is why in a recent post I was lucky I was still within the edit window as I wrote incest when I mean to write insect .
Old 14 October 2017, 04:12 PM

I often rewrite my posts and I always read over my posts and hit 'preview post' at least once so I don't make silly speling mistakes
Old 14 October 2017, 04:22 PM

Me too. I also do it with emails (even personal ones) and sometimes Facebook posts.
Old 14 October 2017, 04:48 PM

I'm a huge self-proofreader when it comes to board posts and e-mails. I still sometimes miss things, though.
Old 14 October 2017, 10:52 PM

My brain does a weird thing where as long as the typing window is open, everything looks all clear and I can hit post. Then I see what the post actually looks like, and hem and haw and decide to change a few things, usually things that don't even matter much, such as wording or something. This seems to happen regardless of whether I am rereading in the typing window or in the preview window.
Old 19 October 2017, 02:00 PM

Whalephant

Last night my dad and I had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. They have a TV that about 3 tables (out of about 20-25) can see. Mostly it shows sports. Last night it showed the subtitled in English German language film Sissi from 1955. We watched as we ate. It was a little surreal.
Old 19 October 2017, 03:20 PM

Glasses

I can't find the thread where there was a discussion about young children saying things like "women can't drive" or "women can't be doctors".

For those whose own children say the first, it made me wonder how often Mom drives when both Mom and Dad are in the car. Because if Child only ever sees Mom driving when Dad isn't available, then it's not that odd that s/he would think women only drive when men aren't around. Something to think about, anyway.

Seaboe
Closed Thread