snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 10 October 2017, 06:51 PM

Crash

I lost my dog, a husky, and another dog (that I was dog sitting) in a nearby woods. The best way to look for them is to drive through the woods in a car that I turned into a dealership 20 years ago. Oh look! There's co-worker T! I know him but he doesn't know me because I have not started working at my current workplace yet.
Old 10 October 2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crius of CoH View Post
I need the dream address of this play; my real-world cake allowance is quite limited, but I can have all the dream-cake I want!
I don't know that, but I think the dream came from my subconscious deciding to create a mashup of Hamilton and Cake Wrecks.
Old 10 October 2017, 09:17 PM

Glasses

My costumer's guild is having some sort of contest. A guest from another guild appears, over-turns some of the decisions already made, takes back the prizes and insists on acting as sole judge. In the course of this, she disqualifies one of our members for not actually making costumes (even though he'd won a prize).

What made this dream super weird to me is that everyone in it (including the mean judge) was a costumer I know in real life.

Seaboe
Old 11 October 2017, 08:41 PM

I keep having to debunk a rumor claiming there are oil wells at the south pole, which are supposedly run by workers who are kept in suspended animation by freezing them in the polar ice and thawing them when they are needed. I debunk the rumor by explaining that the only thing at the south pole is a research station, and showing pictures of that station. The actual research station is actually kind of a fancy building, a modernist design that looks like a terraced half pyramid built into the side of a hill.
Old 11 October 2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
There's a new hit Broadway play about the baking of three historically significant cakes that were baked during the Revolutionary War. It's become a thing for fans to bake their own reproductions of these cakes and bring them to the play and serve them during intermission.
Did one of the cakes lead to the adoption of Happy Falker Satherhood Day?
Old 11 October 2017, 10:26 PM

Sadly I don't really remember the details of any of the cakes or why they were significant.
Old 12 October 2017, 11:33 AM

Whalephant

Trump signed an executive order that said he had the right to create the menu for all the Pubs in the UK-and they would all have identical menus. When Congress said NO he threw a temper tantrum then declared war on the Queen.
Old 12 October 2017, 01:28 PM

Recreational weed has been legalized in Ohio. Not only does my employer not mind it employees use it, they gathered a bunch of us in the big auditorium at HQ to use some together. People were skeptical at first, but eventually went along with it.
Old 12 October 2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
Trump signed an executive order that said he had the right to create the menu for all the Pubs in the UK-and they would all have identical menus. When Congress said NO he threw a temper tantrum then declared war on the Queen.
Dream Trump should get together with Tim Martin of Wetherspoons. They seem to have some similar goals and opinions...
Old 12 October 2017, 04:59 PM

There's a new passenger rail train service that runs on a (nonexistent in real life) track next to my old elementary school, perpendicular to the track that's actually there in real life. The train is oddly bus-like, though. The engineer sits at the front of the first car (there's no separate locomotive) behind a big steering wheel and there's a big, bus-like windshield at the front. What I learned was that literally nothing can stop a train. The train will just smash through any obstacle in the tracks (like a fallen tree) with no damage to the train and no risk of derailment.
Old 13 October 2017, 01:48 PM

I got into a car with members of my extended family and headed off for my first ever camping trip.

Don't recall if I actually got there and went camping.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 20 October 2017, 11:34 AM

Whalephant

I was in a refugee camp here in the US and decided on a whim to take the Dutch language exam the Dutch government requires you to take and get at least 60% on to consider you. I aced it because of my one year of German but they won't accept me because I can't saddle a horse or have a medical degree.
Old 24 October 2017, 03:11 PM

The second-hand store where my mother used to shop is open again and is having a sidewalk sale.

They're selling meat loaf. I'm raving with one of the other customers about how good it is.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 25 October 2017, 02:32 AM

I guess slightly off-topic, since it's not a "thing I learned," but I figure it's better to keep dream-chat to this thread. An old friend who I haven't seen in 5 years (and haven't spent considerable time with in over 10+) has been cropping up in my dreams very frequently lately. I don't have any interaction with this person anymore, and don't consciously think about them. The only thing is they got married recently, so maybe that's been lurking in my subconscious. And since all my dreams seem to be mundane things that could actually happen, I wake up thinking I've talked with them, when I haven't. I guess it's just a phase.
Old 25 October 2017, 10:53 PM

I found out that pineapples don't grow on the ground as you'd expect; they grow up like seeds embedded within the trunks of pineapple trees. To harvest them, you need to cut down the tree and then cut planks off the outside of the trunk until you get down to the pineapples within. The inner planks of the trunk start to get a bit pineapply themselves, and could probably be used to make cheap pineapple juice or flavouring.
Old 25 October 2017, 11:13 PM

Icon95

I got to meet a talented artist who works in large slabs of colored glass. I was visiting a friend (one I'd just met in the dream) and had a chance to chat with the artist, who was tucked in a bed in the living room. I expressed how nice it was to meet her and how much I enjoyed her art, and she thanked me. And then, a doctor proceeded to start to help her with her assisted suicide.

Pretty distubing dream, and I have *no* idea where any of it came from.
Old 26 October 2017, 08:36 PM

I had this dream the other night, but I personally wasn't really in the dream. Three people I don't know were in the dream. And I dont really have roomates unless you count my mom and my brother. According to my dream, if you are in a hurry to get to work, you can leave your dead roommate in the front yard for the whole town to see because your other roommate will take care of it after he wakes up. And I guess no one else in town cared that a dead person is laying in the yard either because everyone else in the dream was just walking by.
Old 27 October 2017, 04:51 PM

Royalty

I'm your Friendly Neighbourhood Spiderman.
Old 03 November 2017, 11:03 AM

Whalephant

That when I got to work one of the bellman came up to me and said "so, are you excited for the lobby remodeling?" I said "what remodeling?" And was told that because it is the 'in thing' they are remodeling the lobby so that it's outdoors. I said "we reached 114 here this summer! It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!"

When it was confirmed that this was going to be the design for the lobby the two most senior desk agents and I put in our notices.
Old 03 November 2017, 11:58 AM

A British woman selling antiques out of a small school bus sold us a cute, tiny armoire. Some time passed and I noticed there was now a second stanard length school bus and went to see what was happening. Up the street were several fires, part of the road missing due to construction, and part of a gigantic dumpster (like the size of 20 homes or more) was overturned and pointing up into the air. I asked the bus driver what was going on, apparently there was construction going on and we mightw ant to leave the area for a little while. I asked if I should pack up my cats or if it would be safe to leave them here- just how long woudl this be? He hemmed and hawwed. He had three seats left on the bus, did I want to join them?