snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > About This Site > Announcements

Old 19 March 2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRocket View Post
Question: Are we going to be able to upload (Our own, of course) photos to the new digs? Will we still need to find a "host" for them?
I hope thatís a thing. then I can bore people with pictures of my cats more often than I do.
Old 20 March 2019, 09:26 PM

Australia

Do we lose our PM box? (it's full , but there's some nice memories in there)

Thankfully I passed the initiation rites, behold my colours!

Originally Posted by Barbara
Is this how you talk to people you know away from the computer? If it is, ick. If it isn't, please ask yourself why you want to act like that here.

WTF? You were funny!

You sir, have given me more laughs here than any other snopester. You've been a joy to me, and I take care to put my can of VB down whenever that roll of film scrolls into view, lest it cost me a Logitech G15. I reckon we've got more in common than I ever dare post on this message board, and I'm just a littlle worried where our hosts' sense of humour has gone. I too got a post blipped tonight for calling "snopes' #7 has-been photo" Bill Nighy in drag but at least I didn't publicly get my wrist slapped.

*Shrug* Let it be. (the Mikkelsons must be in a bad mood tonight.)

Best wishes from me. Mark
Hi Mark,

Yeah, well considering that's been my MO for the last however many years, I was sort of surprised - I've said filthier things than that before and everyone seems to have taken the jest. If they wanted to reign me in, two years ago would have been better.

So I'm just guessing someone got offended and reported me. I care not. I shall bide my tongue for a bit until it's all forgotten about. However it wasn't personally directed at anyone, just a quip.

Yes the attitude does seem to see saw - what sort of gets me is I've seen a few displays of out and out nastyness in the last few weeks between some others that seemingly go unchecked.

And you Mr. Hobbit are one of the funniest (and nicest) guys on the board. I don't often tend to post YOMANKS or LOLS but you've given me many even if I haven't said so.

By blipped, do you mean your post was mysteriously deleted?

Anyway as you say, sleeping dogs and all that.

Take care,

Chris.

and so began a beautiful friendship, based on taking the mickey out of all of you behind your backs. He was even funnier when uncensored.

Cracks a VB for Eddy
Old 20 March 2019, 11:22 PM

Just in case, I have a few things in my PM box that I'm going to save out to a document.
Old 21 March 2019, 12:05 AM

Whoops, thanks for reminding me, SatansHobbit!

There wasn't much in my PM box, but once you reminded me I had the same idea as TGG, and have done so.
Old 21 March 2019, 12:18 AM

Wow, that got me looking at my mailbox, which I haven't done in years.

Got a few messages in there from people who used to be very prolific posters but have since left the forums. Nothing I really feel the need to keep, though.
Old 23 March 2019, 02:51 AM

This thread brings back so many memories. I think this was the 2nd board I was a part of, I faintly remember the previous one. I do miss the signatures. I haven't met anyone from here in person yet, we should have a Michigan/Indiana meet or something.

waffles-with-syrup!

MichiganGirl
Old 23 March 2019, 07:06 PM

I know I have not posted for a while - well, absolutely ages. I'm glad I did otherwise I might have missed news of the move. I quite often come on the site to browse, but have not posted. I have just read this thread and it was good to see a lot of familiar names and mention of the Photo Challenge. I do hope there is a link from the main site so that numbers of posters will increase.

Just one thing - I need to change my user name. I am no longer 'Andrew of Ware' - but 'Andrew of Preston Brook'. Yes after more than forty years in the beautiful town of Ware in Hertfordshire I am now living in a small village in Cheshire. The move was made about three weeks ago.
It is very close to the town of Runcorn, but as that will not mean anything to most people, I will say that it is about halfway between Liverpool and Manchester but closer to Liverpool) in the north-west of England.

When the new board comes along I will think of a new user name. I was going to ask for suggestions, but one snoepster might come up with something incredibly rude.
Old 23 March 2019, 07:47 PM

Hi Andrew of Moving! nice to see from you. I hope some others who haven't posted much or at all lately are at least lurking enough to hear about the change (ATNM, are you out there? I miss arguing with you.)

-- I hope also that for quite some time after the change people trying to get to these boards will be told that they haven't died, they've just moved, and where to look for the new ones.
Old 23 March 2019, 11:46 PM

Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew of Ware View Post
I am no longer 'Andrew of Ware' - but 'Andrew of Preston Brook'...

When the new board comes along I will think of a new user name. I was going to ask for suggestions, but one snopester might come up with something incredibly rude.
APB - all points bulletin... or... Andrew of Preston Brook

That way, you can join me in the 3 letter abbreviation club. I'm president, by the way.
Old 24 March 2019, 03:51 AM

Royalty

I used to know Runcorn...ICI had a factory there.
Old 24 March 2019, 03:52 AM

Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEL View Post
APB - all points bulletin... or... Andrew of Preston Brook

That way, you can join me in the 3 letter abbreviation club. I'm president, by the way.

You're the PBTW of the TLA?