snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > War, What Is It Good For?

Old 16 July 2015, 08:04 PM

Default Chattanooga Shooting: Four Dead in Shooting at Military Offices

Four military personnel were killed and three others injured today in a shooting incident in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the mayor said at a news conference this afternoon. The gunman was also killed, the mayor said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-co...ry?id=32494050
Old 17 July 2015, 07:27 AM

que the inevitable "it's too soon to have a discussion about gun control" from the NRA.

Except in this case it was a middle eastern shooter who practiced the Muslim faith; so they will now say that anybody with brown skin and/or a Koran should be sent to Gitmo.
Old 17 July 2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz1980 View Post
Except in this case it was a middle eastern shooter who practiced the Muslim faith; so they will now say that anybody with brown skin and/or a Koran should be sent to Gitmo.
Perhaps. If you're right, it won't be too long until you have someone to quote that you can comment on. So why not wait a bit before stirring that pot?
Old 17 July 2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz1980 View Post
in this case it was a middle eastern shooter who practiced the Muslim faith
When this was first posted they weren't yet identifying the shooter; and I'm afraid a chunk of my reaction to these things has become "I really hope it was a white Christian who was born a citizen of the USA."
Old 21 July 2015, 12:25 AM

Mouse

Given that page snopes had about how Obama got all this flack for not immediately lowering the flags to half-mast, me, I wish Obama would just pass a law saying that the flags must permanently be at half-mast. Because we seem to get a new one every week and it'll probably be a cold day in hell before we address the unfettered access to guns issue, so the least we can do is keep the flags permanently at half-mast to save a few minutes of precious labor for the guys who have to raise them.
Old 21 July 2015, 01:51 AM

It's been interesting to contrast the media's reaction their behavior after the shooting in South Carolina. There it was all "the shooter was mentally ill, he was working alone, he probably needed help," while they were speculating that this was an IS plot before the shooter's identity was even confirmed.
Old 22 July 2015, 02:57 AM

Mouse

It's the old story: if you're a white criminal, you're an isolated loner. If you have the slightest brown hue to your skin, you represent your race as a whole. I am honestly not surprised by this anymore, just sad and angry.