snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 05 June 2013, 06:01 PM

Default Oregon woman loses $500 worth of sex toys in car break-in

A thief in Sandy, Oregon made off with multiple people’s possessions in a series of car break-ins at an apartment complex. But, according to Portland’s Fox 12 News, one of the five victims had a more exotic list of items to report stolen, a cache of sex toys she said she’d assembled for a bachelorette party.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/06/0...-car-break-in/
Old 05 June 2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Worse, said Coutts, than losing the items to a thief was having to inventory them for a peace officer. “It was horrible,” she said. “(The officer) kind of started laughing, but he felt bad so he asked me to describe everything in detail, and it was just horrible.”
Yes, it was so terribly embarrassing she had to run and do a television interview about it.
Old 05 June 2013, 06:10 PM

And post about it on Facebook, so folks who didn't watch that news program won't miss her embarrassment.

BTW, the jokes about sex toys in her trunk are just too easy, so I won't make them.
Old 05 June 2013, 10:00 PM

What you gonna do with all that junk? all that junk that's in your trunk?
Old 06 June 2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
“(The officer) kind of started laughing, but he felt bad so he asked me to describe everything in detail, and it was just horrible.”
It's not like they were singling her out; when I had a package stolen a few summers back the officer brought me the forms and asked me to provide as many details about what was taken as possible, even though the package contained undergarments. Sure, it was a little embarrassing to write down my cup size, band width, and that I had payed extra for non-shoulder-destroying straps along with the description of my plus sized grandma-approved bathing suit, but that's what was in the package. I'm sure he would have asked me for just as many details if it it had been a box with a ceiling fan in it, or in the case of the little old lady whose medicine he swiped the same time he took my stuff, the shape, dosage, and what the pills were for. It sucked that she lost $500 worth of stuff, and it sucked that it happened to be private sort of stuff, but it's not like the police were making her fill out forms just to be jerks.

(In a small slice of justice working out in the end, it turns out stealing little old ladies' medicine from the mail is a mighty big no-no; he's currently a guest of the state, and will be for quite some time.)
Old 06 June 2013, 12:44 PM

Geez, whoever did this, what a dick move.
Old 06 June 2013, 02:05 PM

Glasses

The guilt should prick his conscience a bit.....
Old 06 June 2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The mother of two had been storing the items in the trunk of her car because she didn’t want the children “to see all the dirty things in there,” which she described as an assortment of “dolls, blow-up items” and “all kinds of goodies.”
She's a bit conflicted, isn't she? Those dirty, dirty goodies!