snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 06 January 2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
And doesn't Fry live in Bender's closet at the Robot Arms? except the closet is the size of a regular apartment.
Yeah, but in my dream the closet was the size of a closet.
Old 06 January 2015, 10:40 PM

Whalephant

Putin had Tom Brokaw poisoned as Putin believes that Tom Brokaw is a serious threat to his power. The poison was magnaenov and Tom Brokaw died.
Old 07 January 2015, 04:30 AM

Kafka and Ian Curtis are actually the same person. Also, Kafka rides with the Bandidos and if you are in danger he will ride right to your doorstep and give you a look that still chills you to this day.
Old 07 January 2015, 05:03 AM

I don't like New York City.
Old 07 January 2015, 04:37 PM

Do not go back into the strange mall that stole half of your comfortable clothes in an attempt to make you buy traditionally-feminine ones that don't fit.

-- it was the mall itself that was doing this; the only actual salesperson in the dream seemed to be genuinely trying to be helpful, and the reason I almost went back in was because I was trying to get him out of there. I got myself out of the dream instead.

I wonder if my dreams are always this weird, and I'm just remembering more of them because it's midwinter and I'm letting myself sleep myself out in the morning; or whether for some reason I'm having more weird dreams, and I'm more likely to remember the weird ones? I usually forget most of my dreams, if not before I wake up then within a couple of minutes of waking.

Oh, and while I was definitely me in this dream, I have no idea who the salesperson was; in the dream I hadn't known him before, and when I woke up he didn't remind me of anybody.
Old 07 January 2015, 04:56 PM

You're altruistic even in your dreams. :-)
Old 07 January 2015, 07:23 PM

Glasses

Going back a few steps--I am not me in my dreams more often than I am me. Sometimes I'm just an observer, sometimes I am someone else (can't really remember being a famous person, though). When I am me, generally one of my friends will be in the dream, too. And there's a definite difference in the feel of the dream when I'm me versus when I'm someone else.

Seaboe
Old 08 January 2015, 08:25 AM

Whalephant

Khloe Kardashian is actually a serial killer nicknamed The Plumber because she kills people with a ginormous pipe wrench in their bathrooms. She hides in the cupboards below the sink until she's ready to strike. She is so good a serial killer no one has realized she is The Plumber yet.
Old 08 January 2015, 12:57 PM

I have another question for all your dreamers out there.

Last night, I dreamt I was in a cafeteria that had a long, long line. I wasn't in line yet but I was going toward the back of the line when I saw my family in the line not to far from the start of the food. So I grabbed a tray and and decided to join them, almost feeling guilty cutting in line.

Anyway, all the while this is going on, the Van Halen song "I'll Wait" is playing through my head (as if it were playing in the cafeteria), and when I subsequently woke up, it was still in my head. Perhaps it had to do with my subconscious relating the long line with waiting, but it had been a long while since I've heard that song on the radio, or anyplace else. Nevertheless, it produced an earworm in my head.

Even as I type this, I'm playing the song on YouTube to get rid of the earworm. (Not that I don't like the song, it is a kickass song from their 1984 album, but you know how it is)

So the question is, has anyone else experience something similar: a song that shows up in your dreams that you haven't heard in a while? And were there circumstances in the dream that relate to the song?
Old 08 January 2015, 02:25 PM

Icon106

If you send several thousand men to a particular shoe store for patent leather shoes, the store will not have adequate shoes available if you do not give them advance warning and assurances that those thousands of pairs will be bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondi View Post
So the question is, has anyone else experience something similar: a song that shows up in your dreams that you haven't heard in a while? And were there circumstances in the dream that relate to the song?
I think I have, but I do not remember particulars. But I had a more bizarre experience - in a dream, I heard Paul Simon's Love Me Like a Rock several months before it was published, and even went around humming the tune in waking life. I suppose it is possible that he had debuted the song on a TV show or such well before it was available for purchase or radio play.
Old 08 January 2015, 03:35 PM

I adopted (or somehow ended up with) a bulldog mix from the shelter, but I'm going to take him back because I'm not a bulldog person. I don't like this dog, he's ugly and not cuddly, and he's too strong for me to handle, and I don't want to give him kisses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondi View Post
Metallica's "Enter Sandman" was the soundtrack to a dream I had about trying to escape a tornado by hiding under a freeway overpass. It seemed appropriate.
Old 08 January 2015, 03:46 PM

Glasses

My 5' tall Christmas tree is an upside-down J shape because a leather dog harness and leash were hung from one of the upper branches and the trunk at the top wasn't strong enough for that.

I remember this because the real tree was about 3' tall and there is no leather dog harness and leash...

Seaboe
Old 08 January 2015, 05:03 PM

Before you can eat any Chinese candy you have to fill out an application and send it off to some government entity.
Old 08 January 2015, 07:13 PM

Glasses

That might not be a bad idea, WildaBeast.

Seaboe
Old 10 January 2015, 02:59 PM

(1) I was on an airplane flight. The airline official told me that I wouldn't get my baggage back but instead of telling me why said that they'd send me an e-mail. The e-mail message said the baggage was sent ahead to Paris.

(2) I have an old-style telephone in my basement, similar to an old pay phone, which still seems to work except that it's hard to keep the receiver on the hook. At least it's less annoying than discovering strangers there like before.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 10 January 2015, 06:32 PM

If you need to rescue a baby alien princess, you're going to want a little flying tub made of leaves. It's agile, quick, and able to handle the gravity of multiple planets.
Old 10 January 2015, 06:59 PM

Watch out for Baryshnikov, he's handsy.

Actual quote from someone in a dream I had years ago.
Old 11 January 2015, 06:36 PM

I was "sort of" in the military, either on a ship or an island, and someone said that there was a fire and I left the ship or island to observe from the outside at different angles to investigate.

When I returned men in uniform were lined up going to "chow." One of my "buddies" said something like, "Come on, Bill, we're going to chow!" but I didn't think that would be right for me to go because I actually never signed up.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 11 January 2015, 10:59 PM

Babies' heads smell like Fritos.
Old 12 January 2015, 07:16 PM

(1) I was in a library or bookstore. There were two books on display on the same subject. I picked out the more glitzy-looking one but another patron came by and picked the other one.

(2) I was in a shared office area. There was a note on the floor from an angry person naming books that person will never read again (one particular title, and anything published by one particular company or by one particular person).

Thanks.

Bill
Closed Thread