snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > War, What Is It Good For?

Old 18 October 2017, 11:11 PM

Israel Female Israeli soldier uses ninja moves on angry crowd of ultra-Orthodox protesters

Ultra-Orthodox Jews protesting the military draft is nothing new in Israel, but a young woman using karate chops and kung-fu kicks to push back a crowd of angry young men might just be a first.

The video of Golan fending off a group of men as they cursed at her, calling her a “shiksa” (a non-Jewish woman) and a whore and spitting at her, has caught the attention of both secular and ultra-Orthodox or Haredi media in Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8167a266e3b4
Old 18 October 2017, 11:40 PM

Good for her.
Old 19 October 2017, 12:24 AM

Agreed. Whether you sympathize with the cause of the protesters or not, they had no call to treat her like that. (I think she showed considerable restraint, actually.)
Old 19 October 2017, 01:30 AM

Baseball

This is frequent. I mean, it is a continual event. When I was there we'd get warnings about parts of the country/city we should avoid to avoid these ultra-Orthodox protests. At the Canadian "barracks" in Jerusalem, they have even thrown rocks at our vehicles while we are driving. I am not shocked at all about the level of violence. However, this is the first time a woman has been seen putting 30 men in their places.

Well done to her.