snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > The Doctor Is In

Old 11 January 2016, 02:24 PM

Icon95 Sleep Deprivation Affects Single Moms Worst: CDC; 50% Of Single Parents Often Tired

Men, women, children, and the elderly all need sleep to function, but one group in particular falls short of adequate shuteye. A new report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed single mothers living with children under the age of 18 are the most sleep-deprived people in America. A national survey was conducted to collect enough data to identify which group was struggling to get enough sleep each night. The federal researchers found 44 percent of single mothers fail to log the recommended minimum of seven hours each night. Followed closely behind single mothers were single fathers, 38 percent of whom reported sleeping fewer than seven hours each night.
http://www.medicaldaily.com/sleep-de...en-wake-368790
Old 13 January 2016, 01:40 AM

Seems like a bit of a water-is-wet story. If I was asked who was most sleep-deprived as a group I would say single parents without having to think about it.