snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 13 June 2018, 10:48 PM

I just realized that, the way we tend to listen to music now, it's much less likely that fans will notice the subtle message at the end and beginning of The Wall. I first noticed it when I was in college, listening the the album on a tape player set to autoreverse, so that I heard the beginning of the first song right after hearing the end of the last song. I think people don't tend to listen to one album on repeat very much anymore.
Old 26 September 2018, 12:54 PM

Bang Head

Hadrian's Wall wasn't built by the Pictish barbarians to keep the Romans from expanding North, it was built by the Romans either to keep the barbarians out of the territory they'd conquered or to control people crossing the border so they could levy taxes (historians disagree on the exact purposes of the wall).

I've known about the wall for decades because it was occasionally mentioned here and there but I'd never actually read up about it, I don't know why I assumed it was built by the 'locals' as a defence against the Romans. I guess part of the reason is that I only ever saw photos of the ruins of the wall which are fairly small and I never realised that the original wall was between 11 and 20 feet tall and was over 100km long.
Old 26 September 2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwins View Post
I just realized that, the way we tend to listen to music now, it's much less likely that fans will notice the subtle message at the end and beginning of The Wall. I first noticed it when I was in college, listening the the album on a tape player set to autoreverse, so that I heard the beginning of the first song right after hearing the end of the last song. I think people don't tend to listen to one album on repeat very much anymore.
“...we came in?”
Old 14 November 2018, 02:53 AM

Icon106

"Going Down the Road Feeling Bad" is an actual song by Woody Guthrie, rather than being something made up for Stan's dad to sing in a roadside camp after South Park (along with the rest of the world) loses internet. Obviously "internet done up and went away" were not among the original lyrics.

BT

Outside the Wall is one of my favorite songs, the film version in particular. *ducks*

"Isn’t this where..."
Old 14 November 2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Off View Post
“...we came in?”
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASL View Post
"Isn’t this where..."
Yay! ...........