snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 12 April 2017, 02:30 AM

Default US woman charged with raping male taxi driver at knifepoint

Quote:
A woman in the US has been charged with raping a male taxi driver while another man held a knife to his throat.

Brittany Carter, 23, is accused of forcibly performing an undisclosed sex act on the driver in the early hours of the morning at Findlay, Ohio, near Toledo, on January 28.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/34...fepoint/#page1
Old 12 April 2017, 03:04 PM

Good. Simply good. I've seen way too many disgusting comments in similar articles about how men are "lucky" or should "enjoy it" (comments made from other men, I may add). I'm very happy to see that this is being treated seriously, as it bloody well should be.
Old 12 April 2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochrie99 View Post
Good. Simply good. I've seen way too many disgusting comments in similar articles about how men are "lucky" or should "enjoy it" (comments made from other men, I may add). I'm very happy to see that this is being treated seriously, as it bloody well should be.
And implicaitons that the victim isn't a "real man" or is gay (perish the thought) if he DIDN'T just "roll with it" and enjoy it. Or didn't just stop the rapist if he didn't want it.

The pain of a rape often doesn't end after the physical act is over. For victims of any gender, the victim-blaming shame that comes after creates recurring psychological pain. For some reason, people can have a real hard time drumming up sympathy for rape victims. I think it's a defense mechanism- find some way to point out how the victim is different from you, and that's why it'll never happen to you.
Old 13 April 2017, 12:23 AM

Mouse

I agree with the overall consensus. Sad part is if the rapist didn't have a partner hold a knife to the victim's throat, I don't think this case would have shot at being prosecuted.