snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 01 November 2016, 08:35 PM

Once again, I never know when I have to explain my references.

Every incarnation of the Doctor has had his quirks and affectations. Playing the recorder and using old-fashioned exclamations when agitated were those of the Second.
Old 01 November 2016, 09:26 PM

Iris, please save the heart-rending yowls for when you actually need my assistance, okay?
Old 02 November 2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
Once again, I never know when I have to explain my references.

Every incarnation of the Doctor has had his quirks and affectations. Playing the recorder and using old-fashioned exclamations when agitated were those of the Second.
My wife just corrected me--the convention was in Columbus, GA, that year, not Macon.
Old 02 November 2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad from Georgia View Post
Kitties, the stuffed toys are our granddaughter's playthings. Do not pee on them.
You need to get this book.
Old 02 November 2016, 02:29 AM

Harley: Stop chasing the cats.

Cats: Stop running. If you don't run, he won't chase you cause you'll be boring. Seriously he's fine with Mom's old cat cause she just doesn't run.
Old 06 November 2016, 05:48 PM

Nelson, I know you really wanted that bird that was hopping around just outside the door, but you can't jump through the glass! That looked painful.
Old 12 July 2017, 03:57 PM

River, it doesn't matter if you're trying to be affectionate, using your carnasssials on my earlobe is not acceptable.
Old 12 July 2017, 04:42 PM

Very Old Blind Dog: It may have been your time to go and you may have gone and if so that's OK, but did you have to disappear entirely from the edge of the lawn (next to multiple acres of tall grasses and weeds) when I took my eyes off you for literally no more than three minutes?

-- thorny, at this point more worried that Old Blind Diabetic Dog might still be alive than that she isn't
Old 12 July 2017, 05:34 PM

Dearest Ash,

That cute tuxedo kitty -- in fact NONE of the kitties -- on the other side of the window pose any threat to you or your sovereignty. There's no need to batter the panes with claw and paw and yowl indignantly to the heavens when you see them.

You are and always shall be the Master of the House.

Sincerely,
Your adoring servant,
TGG
Old 12 July 2017, 05:46 PM

Well, those other cats might find it entertaining. . .
Old 12 July 2017, 06:41 PM

While I am incredibly impressed, I am not happy with your ability to pee mysteriously in the living room. I can smell pee, but I cannot find it to save my life. I think it's behind the couch. I hate you guys.

Actually, I love you, but stop with the mystery pee. I let you out every single time you ask without fail. I know it's raining and you don't want to upset your fur, but toughen up, buttercups.
Old 12 July 2017, 08:31 PM

OK, BB, you did it. You successfully trained us to give you treats when you sit up. You successfully trained us to let you throw yourself backwards into our arms. But we can't give you a treat every time! The reason R2 takes longer to eat than you is because he gets more food, and he gets more food because you demand a treat for everything.
Old 13 July 2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Very Old Blind Dog: It may have been your time to go and you may have gone and if so that's OK, but did you have to disappear entirely from the edge of the lawn (next to multiple acres of tall grasses and weeds) when I took my eyes off you for literally no more than three minutes?

-- thorny, at this point more worried that Old Blind Diabetic Dog might still be alive than that she isn't
I feel your worry. Do you have a friend with a drone that can fly over the area in question?
Old 13 July 2017, 04:20 AM

I'm not sure how much a drone would help. It would need to be able to see through thick plant growth; if she were in any of the open areas, I'd have seen her by now.

I have one friend coming tomorrow to help hike around, and another coming Friday if she hasn't been found by then.
Old 13 July 2017, 02:09 PM

Glasses

Dear Ferdinand,

If someone (human or animal other than you) upchucks on the sidewalk, it is not yours to eat.

Seaboe
Old 13 July 2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
I'm not sure how much a drone would help. It would need to be able to see through thick plant growth; if she were in any of the open areas, I'd have seen her by now.

I have one friend coming tomorrow to help hike around, and another coming Friday if she hasn't been found by then.
Maybe take another dog with you?
Old 13 July 2017, 04:46 PM

Hmmm. I don't know that there's a good candidate for that. The volunteers to come hike don't have dogs. [Wait a minute, one of them does, though I don't know that it's a suitable search dog, I think it may itself be old and not that well. Will email her in case she hasn't left, though.] The people I know who do have dogs either live some distance off, or live more or less next door -- and I don't want to teach neighborhood dogs that it's OK to be all over my place, as usually I'm trying to get them to stay home.

At any rate if she's conscious out there she's no longer hot and thirsty. It's pouring, and her fur would hold enough water to give her a good drink, as well as the rain's cooling her down. (She's a dog far better suited to cold weather than too hot; I'm not worried, at this time of year, about her feeling chilled even if soaked. She used to get herself soaked deliberately, in warm weather.)
Old 13 July 2017, 09:31 PM

I'm so sorry, tl. I hope you find her in good shape, or at least that she is not out suffering.
Old 14 July 2017, 01:57 AM

My friend brought her dog over; but the dog was massively uninterested in becoming a search dog. He's an old dog himself and after about fifteen minutes' walking around fields, and after making sure the place was marked to his satisfaction, he wanted to lie down and rest.

So he got to do that and she and I spent more time walking around through tall weeds and peering into holes and under trees. No success. I've got another friend coming tomorrow to do some of the same; maybe he'll have better luck.

If she were alive, I really think she'd have barked at some point in the last two and a half days. But I don't feel confident enough that she isn't to feel all right about stopping looking.
Old 14 July 2017, 02:03 PM

Glasses

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Thorny. I hope you find her--alive or dead.

Seaboe