snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 15 July 2016, 06:22 PM

Nelson,
Poo belongs in the litter box, not on the floor in front of it. Even if you're standing in the litter box make sure your butt isn't hanging over the edge before you go.

~Your human, who now has to break out the rubber gloves and bleach.
Old 15 July 2016, 06:31 PM

Icon86

WildaBeast--I aim to please!

~Nelson
Old 15 July 2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Nelson,
Poo belongs in the litter box, not on the floor in front of it. Even if you're standing in the litter box make sure your butt isn't hanging over the edge before you go.
I fixed that issue by getting River a larger litter box. It might work for you, too.
Old 15 July 2016, 06:36 PM

Dear Hammy --

I know you loooove people, and since DD left you haven't been getting as much attention as you used to. And it's great that you're so friendly and affectionate with visitors. But please stop licking them.

Gammy
Old 15 July 2016, 06:54 PM

Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I fixed that issue by getting River a larger litter box. It might work for you, too.
He's already got one of the biggest litter boxes the pet store had. I'm not sure if bigger litter boxes even exist.

ETA: Specifically he has this one.

Last edited by WildaBeast; 15 July 2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 15 July 2016, 07:01 PM

Read This!

WildaBeast, you may want to consider a litter box with high walls. There is a brand made in Canada but I cannot recall its name. It's only large enough to accommodate the cat and regardless of which way he turns, the excrement will stay in the box. You can also get an old plastic storage box, and cut a hole in it for the entrance.
Old 25 July 2016, 08:24 PM

Icon95

Pearl, you are not going outside unless you need to! What part of dangerously hot do you not understand???

[normally Pearl can stay out as long as someone's home. She has a bed to lay on, plenty of fresh water, and can certainly come indoors if that's what she wants. Not today though!]
Old 01 August 2016, 02:17 AM

Nelson, that was very brave of you to stand your ground and try to fight the vacuum cleaner rather than running away. Unfortunately the evil vacuum is not vulnerable to your claws.

Your human, who likes to keep things clean.
Old 02 August 2016, 02:53 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
WildaBeast, you may want to consider a litter box with high walls. There is a brand made in Canada but I cannot recall its name. It's only large enough to accommodate the cat and regardless of which way he turns, the excrement will stay in the box. You can also get an old plastic storage box, and cut a hole in it for the entrance.
My Papa pointed me towards DIY Top-Loading Litter Box. I made one and am trying it out, because my Minnie-Kitty seems determined to fling litter into the next county. It was easy enough to make, but knowing my cat, she'll take one look at it and be like, "Oh, a challenge?" Because that's the kind of cat she is.
Old 11 August 2016, 03:15 PM

Tsk, Tsk

Gobi, it's NOT NICE to bite Felix in the flank just because you wanted the purple mouse! Bad kitty! It's also wrong to lay on my work clothes and then hiss at me because I have the unmitigated gall to insist that you move so I can put them on.

~The employee
Old 11 August 2016, 03:19 PM

Glasses

Ferdinand, don't lick the inside of your cone. All right, maybe I did need to tell you that the first time you did it, but once I told you, you're not supposed to wait until I close my eyes and then do it again!

Seaboe
Old 11 August 2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
It's also wrong to lay on my work clothes and then hiss at me because I have the unmitigated gall to insist that you move so I can put them on.
Reminds me of an incident quite a few years ago:

I had asked a housemate to bring me the laundry basket. She came back without it and said 'um, there's a problem.' I, suspecting I knew what the trouble was, asked 'Is there a large yellow cat asleep in the basket?' and she said 'No, the problem is that there's a large yellow cat awake in the basket. And he growled at me.'
Old 01 November 2016, 04:17 AM

I know you want to cuddle, but when I'm using the human litterbox is not an appropriate time!
Old 01 November 2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I know you want to cuddle, but when I'm using the human litterbox is not an appropriate time!
I love poo cuddles from kitties!!! It helps the time pass much more pleasantly...
Old 01 November 2016, 03:29 PM

Glasses

Ferdinand, yes, thank you, there are people on the porch. Since I don't have a doorbell, I appreciate the warning. But once I open the door, you can stop barking.

Seaboe
Old 01 November 2016, 03:53 PM

Tsk, Tsk

Steely Dan! DO NOT bite my legs or feet when I am trying to sleep!! Through the blanket does not make any difference! Naughty kitten!!
Old 01 November 2016, 08:34 PM

Kitties, the stuffed toys are our granddaughter's playthings. Do not pee on them.

Puppies, the recorder was a real musical instrument that our granddaugher loves to play with. It was not a chew toy.
Old 01 November 2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad from Georgia View Post
Puppies, the recorder was a real musical instrument that our granddaugher loves to play with. It was not a chew toy.
Key word in that is "was".
Old 01 November 2016, 09:08 PM

United Kingdom

What? Not the recorder! Oh, no! Oh, my word! My great giddy aunt!

Last edited by TallGeekyGirl; 01 November 2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01 November 2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
Never having seen an episode of any incarnation of the Doctor*, I miss the reference, sorry. However, I did recognize the photo of Patrick Troughton. By coincidence, he died at an SF convention in Macon, GA, at which I was a guest. I recall that on that Saturday all the attendees and guests alike felt quite desolated.

As to the recorder, it used to be my son's, and when I looked to replace it, I was rather dismayed that our two-year-old granddaughter's toy and our dog's chew toy costs about two hundred and fifty dollars. She's getting a twenty-buck cheap version instead....
--------
*Not quite true. I saw a movie with Peter Cushing as the Doctor, but my Whovian friends tell me that does not count.