snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Closed Thread

Old 18 February 2017, 02:07 AM

Tantrum Little things that annoy you

Update on the fencers:
Quote:
The builders/renovators next door finally demolished the rickety old fence between the two properties as well as the neighbour's back fence so we'll soon have some lovely new fences, which is good. What's not so good is that they didn't put up any temporary fencing so both our backyards are completely open to the alley behind our lots which usually has at least some foot traffic throughout the night, so anyone walking past can simply step in and help themselves to my potted plants or anything else in my back yard.
They actually hung up a temporary barrier in place of a fence the last two nights but they also left a whole bunch of rubble and scrap fence material in the laneway which is a public thoroughfare. I know one of my neighbours drives through the laneway every day because he parks his car in his back yard and another neighbour uses it occasionally, I guess they'll have to park somewhere else this weekend.

You can't see it in the photo but that old corrugated tin fence they dumped in the lane has a whole bunch of nails sticking out of the wood so it's a hazard for anyone trying to walk through the lane.
Old 18 February 2017, 08:43 AM

Whalephant

That cat looks disgruntled.
Old 18 February 2017, 09:39 AM

Bonsai Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
That cat looks disgruntled.
She has some pretty set habits (eats meals at certain times, sunbathes in the front yard for most of the day, sits out on the front footpath in the evening, goes for a walk around the block with me every evening) and she's been rather put out that there's been noisy men coming through our yard into her territory. She's thrown up a few times over the last few days, I'm pretty sure it's from stressing over all these changes that have suddenly been imposed on her.

The side fence that got torn down a few days ago was a BIG part of her life because she's walk along it, jump down onto the fernery shade frame I'd attached to it and jump through my window from there and that was her main entrance into the house throughout the day. Now all that has been torn down and there's strange men in the side passage so she doesn't go down there at all.
Old 18 February 2017, 10:33 PM

Jaded

I'm at Disney World with 45 high school students. That's not the annoying part - the shops have literally NO Moana merchandise. Apparently, they underestimated the movie's popularity, and anything they had is completely sold out (this from one of the store employees). Right now I would give a significant portion of my anatomy for a small plush Pua doll. (The deal is when Daddy has to miss vacation to take a trip for work, he comes home with gifts for the family, and my daughter has her heart set on that little brown and white piglet.) The plan now is to get it via Amazon Prime so it can be there when I get home. Workable, but annoying. (A T-shirt? A keychain? Anything?)
Old 20 February 2017, 02:36 PM

Glasses

You know, if there's already a law against something, perhaps the best way to deal with the persistent issue is to--you know--enforce the law you've got before you rush to make your name by sponsoring a new one.

Seaboe
Old 20 February 2017, 06:14 PM

LTTAM: my inability to structure free time that comes before an obligation.

I really dislike days where all of my free-time is front-loaded, and all of my obligations fall in the late afternoon/evening. I can't enjoy my free time because I know it is closed ended. Even if I have, say, five hours still left to go, and whatever I want to do will certainly take less time than that, it casts this blanket of reluctance over me. Like I have this irrational fear that I'll get carried away playing a game or something and suddenly miss or be late for the appointment or class I have to go to, even though that has literally never happened to me before.

(I've even tried setting alarms- like, "My event is at 5:30, so I don't need to start getting ready until 5:00, so I don't need to think about it until then." Except then I am thinking about the alarm. I admit I've never tried a two-tiered approach where I set an anticipatory alarm FOR the alarm, but that just starts to sound crazy and convoluted.... )

At least I end up being somewhat productive because I wind up filling the time with things I don't enjoy, but have to do....
Old 15 May 2017, 08:59 PM

Recently l took a suit to nearby dry cleaners. Yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave for dinner, I discovered the cleaners had both the sleeves of the coat completely twisted around when they pressed it. I went back this morning to have them repress the coat, they insisted I would have to pay nearly half the cost of the dry cleaning for the suit for repressing, and I would have to wait for a week before I could pick it up!

Went down the street, a competitor pressed it for a couple bucks while I waited.

BW

Last edited by Bobcat Warrior; 15 May 2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: NSFBSK auto editor
Closed Thread