snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Soapbox Derby

Old 13 October 2013, 08:42 PM

Roll eyes Rallier tells Obama to 'put the Quran down'

Angered by the closure of national landmarks due to the partial government shutdown, a crowd of conservatives removed barricades Sunday at the World War II Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial as they rallied against President Barack Obama and Democrats for their role in the ongoing stalemate.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...he-quran-down/
Old 13 October 2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
"I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience, and to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up,"
(My emphasis) Good thing he thought to say "figuratively," otherwise it might have sounded like a threat! The "figurative" part changes the meaning completely!

I notice they pointedly don't say how big this rally was. It was "a crowd", and there were far fewer than a million people there:

Quote:
The rally, billed as the "Million Vet March on the Memorials," drew far fewer than a million people
Not just a handful of idiots, then? In the photo at the bottom there might be a few hundred.
Old 14 October 2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
said Larry Klayman of Freedom Watch
I read this sentence about three times and kept saying to myself "I can't believe his name is Klansman..." These bank holidays are not good for reading ability. But my subconscious sense of humor is still good.
Old 18 October 2013, 03:42 PM

Klayman is also the one who recently predicted Oct. 19 as the day of the Great Uprising Against The Muslim Communist Usurper Obama...

Larry Klayman calls for revolution

Lots of Sovereign Citizen crap about citizen grand juries and stuff in there, too.