snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 15 August 2017, 01:41 AM

Mouse

This Cracked article which says that George Washington got elected to his first public office by getting voters completely shitfaced drunk. That's how you should win elections by catering to your constituents' love of alcohol, rather than their worst prejudices. If he had also had blackjack and hookers, Washington would have never had to campaign for anything again.
Old 15 August 2017, 06:29 AM

A young lady on the metro this morning with a suitcase in her hand and a contrabass case on her back, obviously on her way to some concert tour with an orchestra. On the case, about eye-level as she was carrying it, there where two handwritten stickers, saying "No, it's not a guitar." - "And yes, it is heavy."

Made my day - and I told her so.
Old 16 August 2017, 02:55 AM

Yesterday, the City of Gainesville removed a Confederate monument from the downtown area. That statue to fallen Confederate soldiers was an embarrassment and I was always ashamed that it stood on city property across from the courthouse. But it's gone now! It was donated back to the Daughters of the Confederacy and I believe it's being placed in a private cemetery. I'm not happy about that part...but at least it's no longer on public land.
Old 16 August 2017, 09:35 PM

Theme Icon

A kalanchoe panda plant.
Old 17 August 2017, 12:00 AM

I was playing a computer game with my french doors open. My game-playing armchair is close to these doors. The game I was playing simulates weather, and it was pouring with rain in the game at the time. (That is, now). It also happens to be pouring with rain outside.

The game I was playing is one that's designed to be comforting - it has idealised, comforting sound effects, among its other contrivances. And I realised that the actual sound of the rain outside was better than the sound of rain in the game. I've muted the sound on my TV and am just listening to the rain outside, and it's a lovely sound. People literally pay to listen to rain falling like this. It makes me happy that I don't have to.
Old 17 August 2017, 02:55 AM

Baseball

High school baseball on national TV every day in the summer. Even though I don't get to watch much of it, knowing there is such a place in the world is a little thing that makes me happy. It's as good as this great game gets.
Old 17 August 2017, 08:10 AM

A very nice man by the name of Cliff stopped to help me by tightened my loose battery cables yesterday when I was stranded at dd's house. I thought he was someone else and flagged him down.
Old 17 August 2017, 02:18 PM

Computer

A Windows10 laptop up and running and connected to the wireless gateway with no injuries to me or the robot tech support voice.

My new laptop is shiny.
Old 18 August 2017, 06:08 PM

Cheer

The County Literacy Counsel is getting a new curriculum! This new one sounds a lot more practical and up to date than the current one does.
Old 19 August 2017, 02:08 AM

My work is not all puppies and kittens. But today a significant portion of my day was puppies and kittens. I had a bulldog mix, a Boston Terrier, a German Shepherd, two Ragdolls and a domestic shorthair.
Old 22 August 2017, 03:27 PM

I've fallen into the habit of using google news as the go to place to get the latest news but it annoys me excessively to even have to see the STUPID headlines from sources like the Toronto Sun. I've just learned that it's possible to block sources. Calloo callay! I see more than enough right wing propaganda already thankyouverymuch!
Old 22 August 2017, 06:35 PM

Glasses

I only had 260 new emails after being out of the office for 2 weeks.

Seaboe