Go Back > SLC Central > Moot Court

Old 17 November 2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by St. Alia View Post
And the questions asked the public in the Rasmussen study were really poorly written, IMO.
Rasmussen is a biased organization who's mission is to ask (mis) leading questions designed to get a particular result.
Old 17 November 2015, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
And now I don't get your reference to that other thread.
Ok, my bad. Never mind, then. Moving on...

I wasn't talking just about the OP instance, but about the larger issue of potentially criminalizing speech.
To me, contradicts this:
Germany's situation is unique, so I don't think it's particularly helpful in that larger conversation.
It is unique in its extremity, but I don't think it's unique in it sentiment or potential. Racism is pretty universal, and it's hard to find a place in the world where some group doesn't hate and/or oppress another one. If how far we go to control that human tendency is an issue, then I would agree with UEL that Germany, as one of the countries that has gone the furthest in both the oppression of race and the supression of racism, is a particularly relevant history to look to. Why wouldn't we look to the potential extreme to guide us through our own self-made tangle?

Ymmv, obviously.
Old 17 November 2015, 11:01 PM

Ugh. Yet again we have someone confusing prosecution of lying to shareholders as infringement of free speech.