snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 16 April 2018, 08:18 PM

Deepest sympathy to you, Lainie, your daughter, & the other kitties.
Cheeto was greatly loved & had a happy & long life with you all.
Peace.
Old 17 April 2018, 01:17 AM

So sorry, Lainie
Old 17 April 2018, 06:44 AM

Sorry Lainie.
Old 17 April 2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
I was wondering that myself. A stroke or a seizure. I hope she's ok!
I think so too. While not that bad, there was one day last week when something similar happened to me. But, no pun intended, I can't remember the details. I think I just forgot what I had gone to the doctor for. I do wear a medi-alert bracelet when out though.

Editing to add. I went to the Dr yesterday for my regular check-up but when I am trying to remember was last week and I was struggling to form a sentence. I think but the details are foggy.

Last edited by Dasla; 17 April 2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 17 April 2018, 02:11 PM

Glasses

Migraines can cause aphasia, too. The difference is, with aphasia, you know what you're thinking, you just can't say it.

Last night I cleaned from my pantry all the non-food or food preparation items that have been lingering there since the house was remodeled. Anybody need paint? Or concrete primer?

Seaboe
Old 17 April 2018, 02:56 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Cheeto, Lainie. My condolences.
Old 20 April 2018, 06:04 PM

The son of one of the owners of the company I work for resigned today. He is also the head of sales and the heir apparent of the organization as the owners are near retirement age, or he was these things. He left to do the same thing he is doing for another company. This does not bode well for the company.
Old 22 April 2018, 05:39 PM

Hugs to you, Lainie, and ethereal skritches to Cheeto.

Beach, I feel ya. There's been some upheaval at my job, too; it's quite nerve-wracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprise Me View Post
Things at work have taken quite a turn. Rumors are swirling that my boss, a woman I love and respect and tremendously enjoy working for, and my supervisor, ditto all that plus she's my age and I enjoy socializing with her outside of work, are leaving us to go work for the other side...
We finally had a staff meeting at which it was announced that my supervisor was leaving. She is, in fact, going to work for the county, but she's NOT going to be in dependency, fighting against our clients. Which is a relief because I sure as hell don't want to go up against her--she taught me everything I know!

My boss, who was also rumoured to be leaving, playfully acknowledged the rumors and, to my mind, denied them as to herself. Others in that meeting came away with a different impression and think she's still planning to leave in the not-too-distant future. In any event, I'm holding out hope that she won't leave for a long time or maybe at all, and therefore she'll be around to train me on writs and impart all the other knowledge I hope to soak up from her.

In any event, my supervisor's departure means a vacancy with no clear successor. I just got promoted to the next highest position below supervisor, but I do not feel ready to go up another step, and I think my boss agrees. We would therefore have to bring in someone from another firm under the same umbrella organization, which will mean a lot of cases have to be walled off from that person due to conflicts, or they might hire from outside the organization, which has the potential to be absolutely horrible because I don't know who outside our organization could possibly have the specialized knowledge it takes to be a good supervisor. I have no idea when we'll find out.