snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 08 February 2019, 10:21 PM

Bonsai Kitten Prison inmates given pet cats

Quote:
VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) Larch Corrections inmate Joey Contreras and Princess Natalie, a long-haired black feline, have at least two commonalities: both know what it's like to live in captivity, and both needed unconditional love.

https://katu.com/archive/prison-inmates-given-pet-cats
Old 08 February 2019, 10:40 PM

I think this is a very good idea.

-- I'm not at all sure that it's good for most humans to live only with other humans. I think that for many of us, the other creatures are necessary to -- ground us? connect us? not sure of the phrasing that I'm after.
Old 09 February 2019, 02:26 PM

This is extremely cool. I'd like to see the findings of further research on programs like this. At the very least, keeping more animals from being euthanized is a good thing.

I wish I hadn't scrolled down to see related articles, though If you go to read this article and are sensitive to stories of pet abuse, make sure to stop scrolling at the end of this article.