snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Business Bytes

Old 03 May 2013, 06:26 AM

Default Alex Jones: Conspiracy Inc.

It’s good to be Alex Jones. Matt Drudge, the conservative Web entrepreneur and news aggregator, proved prophetic when he predicted that 2013 would be “the year of Alex Jones.” The longtime conspiracy broadcaster is finally breaking into the mainstream consciousness after a buzzy interview with Piers Morgan and his Boston bombing conspiracy, and traffic to his websites has never been higher. The conspiracy business is booming.

And make no mistake, it is a business. That’s not to say that Jones isn’t a believer — there are easier ways to make money — but Jones has built a multi-platform new media empire in his Austin, Texas, Free Speech Systems LLC that reaches millions of believers and promises advertisers that it will “direct lucrative buyers to you from our daily audience of active enthusiasts.” And all told, Jones is very likely raking in millions.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/02/alex...onspiracy_inc/
Old 03 May 2013, 11:29 PM

When I see Alex Jones talked about in the major media outlets, they usually mention that he thinks the world is run by a secret conspiracy. But I never see them mention that he claims that the conspiracy is comprised of immortality-seeking drug addicts who may or may not be in contact with interdimensional aliens called "clockwork elves." He also claims that the United States faked the Moon landings to hide its secret Moon technology and the thousands of astronauts NASA killed to get there.

Why do they always neglect to mention these things?

I bet it's a conspiracy.
Old 04 May 2013, 03:16 AM

Bonsai Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Billion View Post
But I never see them mention that he claims that the conspiracy is comprised of immortality-seeking drug addicts who may or may not be in contact with interdimensional aliens called "clockwork elves."
When I click this link I get an article about advertising titled "8 Hours a Day Spent on Screens, Study Finds." Here's a quote:
Quote:
In fact, adults are exposed to screens — TVs, cellphones, even G.P.S. devices — for about 8.5 hours on any given day, according to a study released by the Council for Research Excellence on Thursday. TV remains the dominant medium for media consumption and advertising, the study found. The data suggests that computer usage has supplanted radio as the second most common media activity. (Print ranks fourth.)
Nothing about clockwork elves, alas.

Brian

Last edited by BrianB; 04 May 2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Removed the smiley.
Old 04 May 2013, 04:38 AM

Ha! I was working on something else at the same time. Got my links mixed up.

Here we go: http://archive.org/details/Globalist...ctedThorughDmt

(alternative link)

Quote:
Their whole science is way ahead! We don't even know what they got!
[Blah blah monkey research center where monkeys watch American Idol etc.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones
But that's the kind of stuff I never even get into because you're not ready for it. The globalists don't believe in Satanism. They believe they're contacting interdimensional aliens through the drug use and through the electronic interface.

...They believe they are in contact with these entities and are being directed by them. That's why they're so evil. And the entities are telling them, "Eternal life. Total power. Total control. Everything you could ever want. Just kill everybody. Set up a world government! Build this design we're telling you! Build this. Build that. Let us through. Build the Hadron Collider! OPEN THE DIMENSIONS! LET US IN WE'RE REALLY GONNA HELP YOU! WE'RE FRIENDLY LITTLE GUYS!" Demons? Aliens? Don't exist? I don't know!
I think he's my favorite kook.

Last edited by Mr. Billion; 04 May 2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06 May 2013, 12:20 AM

Icon18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Billion View Post
Thanks! Wow, Terence McKenna, I haven't heard that name in ages. His ideas were really popular on the Usenet groups alt.alien.visitors and alt.conspiracy back in the 90s and earlier but I haven't heard anything about him till now.

Brian