snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Disney

Old 15 April 2008, 09:14 PM

I'm all about the Beast before his transformation. I also liked Prince Philip a lot, probably because he had a nice horse, too. I also think the prince from Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas is totally hotter than Sinbad. I also have crushes on Van, Folken, and Allen from The Vision of Escaflowne. They're totally hot. I also like that dog-man with the pretty mane who takes care of crazy Dilandu; I can't remember his name.
Old 24 April 2008, 10:21 PM
britdaw

I totally had crushes on Prince Eric, Phoebus, and Tarzan- and I was 18 when Tarzan came out!! Now my 5-year-old daughter has crushes on Tarzan, Wilbur from Meet The Robinsons, and Prince Eric, or "Prince Derek" as she calls him.
Old 25 April 2008, 03:50 PM

I have heard that Wendy from "Peter Pan" and Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" were modeled after the same girl, perhaps this person could have heard this but be mis attributing it to Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty?

I could buy that Wendy and Alice were modeled after the same girl as they're basically identical except for their hair and skin coloring.

Old 25 April 2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllavus View Post
I could buy that Wendy and Alice were modeled after the same girl as they're basically identical except for their hair and skin coloring.
They were both voiced by the same actress, Kathryn Beaumont, and the voice actor often influences the look of the character.
Old 29 May 2008, 01:05 AM

This whole thread reminded me of this. (Probably NSFW.)
Old 29 May 2008, 02:13 AM

I'm currently about halfway through Neal Gabler's biography of Walt Disney (which is terrific, by the way), and it appears there was no real-life model for Snow White. They just considered a few different drawings the animators created from scratch, and then settled on one. Gabler also mentions that Disney did not want Cinderella to look like Snow White, causing a great deal of difficulty for the animators.
Old 30 May 2008, 01:52 AM

It appears I should have waited one more day to contribute here...after getting a bit further into Gabler's book, it seems I was mistaken. There was a model for Snow White, Marjorie Belcher. She did do modeling for a couple of other Disney movies, but apparently not Cinderella.
Old 30 May 2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ica171 View Post
This whole thread reminded me of this. (Probably NSFW.)
If they actually looked like that I might be willing to sit through those long boring movies my dd wants to watch 50 times in a row.
Old 31 May 2008, 02:04 AM

Well, we already had seen Tarzan in minimal clothings, so nothing was new there.
Old 02 June 2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signora Del Drago View Post
I fail to understand. How can a cartoon character be "hot?" Am I confused about what "hot" means? Thanks.
Are you kidding?!>!?!?! Judy Jetson got me through puberty!
Old 07 June 2008, 09:12 PM

Spit Take

Oh my Lawd, robbiev! I thought this was a new thread and was flabbergasted to find that something I said over a year ago was the basis of the newest post in the thread. Tee hee hee. Not to worry, I learned my lesson. I'm not discussing this again.
Old 23 July 2008, 02:03 PM

Hello Kitty Snow White and Cinderella

I'm thinkng that Snow White and Cinderella more closely resemble each other because they're both drawn in a more realistic style.

They're more like artwork. Anything after them is just a cartoon.

Does anyone still make animated films -- not that awful CGI crap -- but real hand-drawn films? I HATE CGI. It's the easy way out.
Old 28 July 2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partystar View Post
I had a crush on this cartoon character: http://dreamers.com/anime/imagenes/smoon/smoon03.jpg
Me too! And, Rinoa (and all)... my ex looked like Squall. Can't post a picture, but trust me.
Old 31 July 2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Does anyone still make animated films -- not that awful CGI crap -- but real hand-drawn films? I HATE CGI. It's the easy way out.
How is CGI the easy way out?
Old 31 July 2008, 05:39 AM

Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllavus View Post
I have heard that Wendy from "Peter Pan" and Alice from "Alice in Wonderland" were modeled after the same girl, perhaps this person could have heard this but be mis attributing it to Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdra View Post
They were both voiced by the same actress, Kathryn Beaumont, and the voice actor often influences the look of the character.
In Beaumont's case, the voice actors acted out whole scenes in front of the artists on rudimentary sets. So I would say that she definitely must have had an influence on the appearance of her characters.
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/kathry...interview.html