snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 22 February 2019, 11:53 PM

Default New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Charged in Florida Prostitution Ring Bust

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is charged with two counts of soliciting someone to commit prostitution in Palm Beach County, and police say they have videotape of him paying for the sex acts inside an illicit massage parlor.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/02/2...ion-ring-bust/
Old 23 February 2019, 01:39 AM

I'm less concerned about the prostitution than the allegations of sex trafficking.
Old 23 February 2019, 02:08 AM

I am really surprised that he went to a place like that, what with being a billionaire and all.
Old 23 February 2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh View Post
I am really surprised that he went to a place like that, what with being a billionaire and all.
I'm not. The really cynical side of me thinks that women being trafficked are much easier to abuse and get away with it than women who are choosing sex work, and women who are in a place like that are more likely to be trafficked.
Old 23 February 2019, 09:45 PM

I get that Ryda, but I sort of figured that at a high end place, you could basically get (and do) what you want, for the right price, and not have to worry about arrests. Or maybe I have read too many books. Either way, I hope he gets treated like other johns who get arrested.
Old 24 February 2019, 12:59 AM

Cynic mode ON. You mean let off, usually without being identified (that didn't happen) while the woman is charged. Cynic mode OFF. Well, not really.
Old 24 February 2019, 01:21 AM

What could be next for massage parlor workers discovered in Florida sex-trafficking bust

Quote:
If the women are designated as human trafficking victims, they would be eligible for a special visa, experts say.

On Friday, Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of soliciting prostitution at the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in Jupiter, Florida.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...assage-n974936