snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Social Studies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 April 2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
St. Alia, the Cosby Show ran from 1984-1992, according to IMDB.

I Spy was a 60s drama starring Cosby and Robert Culp as spies who traveled the world. Their cover was that Culp was a tennis player and Cosby was his trainer. But Cosby's character was also a Rhodes Scholar and a very accomplished man, which was groundbreaking for a black character on American TV at the time.
I had a book, I think one of those Whitman hardcovers, which was based on I Spy and now that I think about it it was probably one of the few, if not the only book I had at the time that was aimed at a child/teen market that had a black man as a positive main character - and actually featured on the cover.

Quote:
Re: differing reactions to such crimes, in Cosby's case, I think some of it is that he was so beloved. I don't think anybody had that kind of investment in Roman Polanski.
That's true and Polanski got a big pass from a lot of people because of his childhood and because, of course, losing his wife the way he did.