snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 20 March 2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning View Post
wouldn't the claws be out for reinforcement of Ms. B's strenuous objections to inappropriate for cat food? Or are the claws just the next step in totally subjugating me to her will?
Cat's have learned that claws are counterproductive to getting what they want as it results in a delay filled with lots of "Ow"s and "dammit"s.

Claws are to be saved for really important situations, like needing an immediate takeoff from a lap to investigate a piece of paper on the floor.
Old 20 March 2018, 03:07 PM

Of course, forwarding that memo to Ash was fruitless. I even had to share a little piece of my powdered donut with a facefull of purring fur... which he shouldn't have even been able to recognize as food since apparently cats can't taste sweet.

I guess Ash never got that memo, either...
Old 20 March 2018, 03:36 PM

Hello Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post

Claws are to be saved for really important situations, like needing an immediate takeoff from a lap to investigate a piece of paper on the floor.

Or jumping from the living room floor onto napping person's lap/face en route to the picture window because there is Something Out There.
Old 20 March 2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
I even had to share a little piece of my powdered donut with a facefull of purring fur... which he shouldn't have even been able to recognize as food since apparently cats can't taste sweet.
There's probably some form of fat involved in the donut, as well as sugar.

Of course, he might just want it because he just wants it. I have known a cat who loved asparagus, and another who loved eating coffee beans.
Old 20 March 2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
Of course, forwarding that memo to Ash was fruitless. I even had to share a little piece of my powdered donut with a facefull of purring fur... which he shouldn't have even been able to recognize as food since apparently cats can't taste sweet.
If I thought it would do any good, I ask for a Braille copy of the memo for Sedona as she is nuts about any baked goods like cupcakes or danish. I've always assumed it was about the fat rather than the sweet. A previous cat would only eat the good chocolate ice cream, not the cheap stuff. I figured that too was because the fat content of the good ice cream was probably higher.
Old 20 March 2018, 04:18 PM

Another donut-loving cat herre. For Belgian waffles, Mimi will tear any package to shreds.
Old 21 March 2018, 05:15 AM

Dear Nelson-kitty,

No, you can’t get to the garage by digging under the door, either. All you’re doing is shredding the carpet. It’s a good thing I don’t like that carpet much anyway.
Old 22 March 2018, 03:56 PM

Hello Kitty

Dearest Gobi: Happy Birthday!!

Dear Steely Dan: just because Gobi is 11 (years) today, don't think that he's become a pushover! Like it or not, you're still the Junior Executive and Gobi is still the FEO*.

The Staff Person

*That's Feline Executive Officer
Old 29 March 2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Enrico View Post
Another donut-loving cat herre. For Belgian waffles, Mimi will tear any package to shreds.
Just got some dates at Costco, and Katydid was scratching at the bag trying to get to them. Crazy cat!
Old 30 March 2018, 02:54 PM

China likes Nacho Cheese Doritos. Not that I actually give them to her, but she'll vacuum up any crumbs on the floor.
Old 06 May 2018, 12:53 PM

Whalephant

Dear Immy,

Yes, I fell asleep while reading on the couch the other day. No, I did not mean to fall asleep in a position that made it (apparently) impossible for you to jump on to me and snooze with me.

That said, was it necessary to stare at me with huge unblinking eyes until the the sheer "how DARE you" ness of them woke me up?

your human
Old 08 May 2018, 04:07 AM

Dear Nelson,

Uhhhh, thanks, I guess, for catching and killing that lizard that got into the house. I mean, it wasn't exactly pleasant to come home and find a dead lizard in the middle of the room (and its tail in a different part of the room). But I guess it did save me the trouble of having to catch and remove it myself. You are good mouser. Lizarder?

The human
Old 08 May 2018, 11:18 AM

Please don't bite my incense stick or my painbrushes (at least not the brush end).....
Old 08 May 2018, 11:42 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
Please don't bite my incense stick or my painbrushes (at least not the brush end).....
Dear mom,

Killjoy.

The cat
Old 08 May 2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
Pain relievers come in brush form now?

Cool!

~Psihala
(*Another thing I have to keep away from my cat!)
Old 08 May 2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psihala View Post
Pain relievers come in brush form now?

Cool!

~Psihala
(*Another thing I have to keep away from my cat!)
The option to toggle whether the brush creates or relieves pain would be ideal...
Old 09 May 2018, 03:32 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-kitty,

Iíve come to assume that you have decided to fill whatever niches that Minnie-cat hasnít already taken care of. Hence why you jump up on the table to claim scraps and why you hunt the bed mice. Minnieís not doing it, so someone has to step up and do it. But is there a reason for the amount of stank you leave in the litterbox? I know, itís a basic biological function that kitties and pretty much all animals have to do, however smelly it may be, but Minnie doesnít produce that level of stank. What gives?! Iím wondering if it goes along with what Iíve theorized about how you have to fill the roles Minnie doesnít.

Or like Minnie, maybe you just know that you have your Thumbbeasts good and thoroughly whipped and can pretty much get away with anything.

Love,

Your Thumbbeast with the Watery Eyes
Old 09 May 2018, 07:08 PM

Dog

Dear Littler Dog,

While I'm glad it's "only" a slipped disc, and not something that can't be managed, I'm so sorry that you're in pain. I got you meds and they should work as soon as you're rested enough.

Now lets just keep our fingers and paws crossed that this issue acute and not chronic.
Old 10 May 2018, 03:26 AM

Dear P.K. (Pirate Kitty),

We really love you, and are so glad you're here. You are an awesome kitty, and we'd like you to live with us for a good long while. To that end, it would be wise for you to stop trying to dart outside. As a one-eyed kitty, you lack depth perception, and it makes you, umm, accident prone.* I've seen you miss when jumping up on things, you've fallen out of a window, and you knock things off of shelves. You should stay inside the nice safe house.

When you do get out, you often go straight to eating grass, so we even got you some nice kitty grass.

Thank you,
Your new family

* I think you're accident prone because you only have one eye, and not vice versa, but there's no way to be sure. Either way, you should accept your indoorness.
Old 24 May 2018, 09:32 PM

Snake

Dear bird,
I know that you REALLY don't like the other bird being there, but please stop attacking my car mirrors. It has been about 6 weeks and you still spend a lot of time each day attacking the mirrors. You win, ok? The other bird will not steal your mate, or eat your bugs or whatever. I tried putting bags over the mirrors but then you just started attacking the mirrors on my wife's car. Please, leave the bird alone.
- signed, the person who scares you off at times

Dear snake who lives in my attic,
I really appreciate your staying around and eating mice up there. it is a big help, and it looks like its working out for you since you are REALLY long now. I just wanted to let you know that letting out a loud EEK and jumping a bit is how humans say "Hi" to big snakes who suddenly move. Thanks again for taking care of the mice.
- signed, the person who gets scared off at times