snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Inboxer Rebellion

Closed Thread

Old 06 March 2007, 11:49 PM
Zamboni_Rodeo

Default What if I broke into your house?

Ah, yes... another delightfully misguided anti-immigration rant.

Quote:
Let's say I break into your house ......

A lady wrote the best letter in the editorials in ages!!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house.
Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.
But I say, "I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors.
I've done all the things you don't like to do.
I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:
You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me and to my family
(my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself.

I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America ....if you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off......... along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.
Old 06 March 2007, 11:51 PM

Does it make a difference if you're just squatting in a house that belonged to someone else back when your folks broke into it?
Old 06 March 2007, 11:53 PM

Icon101

Quote:
Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.
Well, I think I'll wait until you to learn your own language. before I learn it.
Old 06 March 2007, 11:57 PM

From the Old Boards
Old 07 March 2007, 12:23 AM

This one again? Please indeed do my housework for minimum wage, or less.
Old 07 March 2007, 01:25 AM
Fiver

Pues, pienso que otras personas deben aprender un otro idioma sólo porque es un cosa bueno hacer. quizás deben aprender el idioma nuestro, pero no los debimos odiar porque no pueden hablar inglés. ¿Puedes tú aprender un otro idioma cuado tienes 30 o 40 años? Pienso que no, porque eres un perdedor, y perdedores cómo tú no pueden aprender algo. Cogedor estúpido.
Old 07 March 2007, 01:46 AM
PrometheusX303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Pues, pienso que otras personas deben aprender un otro idioma sólo porque es un cosa bueno hacer. quizás deben aprender el idioma nuestro, pero no los debimos odiar porque no pueden hablar inglés. ¿Puedes tú aprender un otro idioma cuado tienes 30 o 40 años? Pienso que no, porque eres un perdedor, y perdedores cómo tú no pueden aprender algo. Cogedor estúpido.
Agreed. I am actually looking forward to taking Spanish classes. I failed pretty badly at it in HS, but I was also pretty lazy. I'd love to learn other langauges, too. I've heard that it is harder to do so when you are older, but I'd like to try. I've looked into Esperanto programs because I've heard that can help.

We should encourage our children to learn different languages in school at early ages. Then perhaps they would grow up appreciating the diversity of the worlds people.
Old 07 March 2007, 02:10 AM
Zamboni_Rodeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Whoa. It's been easily three years since I last had a Spanish class, and I can understand this without the help of Babelfish. I also agree with you completely.
Old 07 March 2007, 03:22 AM

Break-in-a-chow
Closed Thread