snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 04 January 2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruca View Post
I've started watching one of the many true crime documentary series on Netflix. It's one of those with the cheesy "reenactments," and the narration is so goofy that I could almost swear it's a parody. I can't stop watching it.
Which one? Some of them are so corny I actually feel bad watching them, since they're based on things that actually happened to people. Yet not bad enough to actually look away...

My AmC- I can't go to sleep if the closet door isn't closed all the way or if one of my drawers on my desk or dresser is slightly open. Other things don't seem to matter- precarious piles, a glass that should be taken to the kitchen and washed... and it's not a fear that a boogie is going to come out of the closet or drawer, it's just *quite wrong* and I have to close it before I can put my lamp off and go to bed.
This does not apply to daytime naps, which is another key that it's just a dumb microcompulsion.
Old 05 January 2018, 12:27 PM

mbravo - It's called "Killer Kids." I also feel guilty for watching, knowing that terrible things happened to real people. But I'm not laughing at the tragedies themselves, I'm laughing at the show and its silliness. At least that's what I tell myself.
Old 05 January 2018, 02:02 PM

Glasses

The worst narrator of those shows I've heard is the woman who narrates for Oxygen (Snapped springs to mind). She has an irritating, nasal voice, and a very melodramatic style of narration.

Seaboe
Old 01 February 2018, 10:51 PM

I thought of another musical guilty pleasure. The Carpenters. Sure, I get that they're thought of as corny, sappy 70s music, but Karen's voice is so clear and pleasant. Her death was a terrible tragedy.
Old 02 February 2018, 02:00 PM

Glasses

TGG, not everyone thinks so. That they're corny and sappy, I mean.

Yes, a terrible tragedy, made worse by the way her cause of death was misrepresented (by which I mean they said she had recovered from her anorexia when, clearly, she had not).

John Denver, The Carpenters, Barry Manilow (say what you will about him, he's one *ell of a musician) & Gordon Lightfoot are four of my very favorite artists, all firmly rooted in the 70s.

Seaboe
Old 02 February 2018, 02:07 PM

IMU that Karen Carpenter was quite gifted, technically speaking.