snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 07 February 2018, 08:32 PM

There is a run-down hotel in Chepachet, RI that has a poorly-hidden "secret" room; in that room there is a button on the wall that looks like a chunk of broken plaster showing through a tear in the wallpaper. Pressing that button will summon a bus from Salem, Mass. It's not a magic bus, it will take a couple of hours to arrive, but it will only arrive if you push that button.

Also, as several friends of mine told me as I was wandering around the village, waiting for the bus, there is a new Disney movie coming out that features the on-screen and fairly graphic deaths of many beloved Disney characters; it is being marketed towards children.
Old 07 February 2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crius of CoH View Post
Pressing that button will summon a bus from Salem, Mass. It's not a magic bus, it will take a couple of hours to arrive, but it will only arrive if you push that button.
Following the popularity of their video game Desert Bus, Penn and Teller announce a sequel: New England Bus!
Old 09 February 2018, 01:39 PM

I'm at some sort of a VIP event where I'm allowed to go to a lot of food tasting stations and try different varieties of meat loaf, prime rib, etc.

I'm allowed to attend because I'm an expert on something and the organizers wanted me as some sort of a consultant.

The woman at one of the meat loaf stations distributing the meat loaf is complaining because her product isn't as hot as that served at some of the other stations and she's getting poor evaluations for something that isn't her fault.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 22 February 2018, 08:42 PM

Whalephant

The biggest blockbuster of the summer is expected to be King Kong Cobra.
Old 25 February 2018, 02:56 PM

(1) The member of the famous Kennedy family I just met turned out to be the most snooty obnoxious person I had ever met.

(2) These new cars they're coming out with now have electronic message boards on their sides.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 25 February 2018, 03:10 PM

The Shoppers Drugmart near my house has a secret doorway that leads to Narnia.
Old 25 February 2018, 03:27 PM

Lucky. My drugstore just has Kleenex.
Old 26 February 2018, 12:56 AM

There is a wall of snow at least 100 feet high going down Rt 280. As you drive East it covers more of the road until just the far right lane is driveable. I noticed ahead that eventually even this lane was covered in the wall of snow and turned around to warn others not to come down this way because it's not safe, if there's an avalanche there's no one to get you out and the snow is going to take weeks to melt. I'll have to figure out another route to get back home.
And btw the woods directly next to the highway on the rightmost side are completely free of snow.
Old 26 February 2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
The Shoppers Drugmart near my house has a secret doorway that leads to Narnia.
Well it does tend to move around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pink Pill View Post
Lucky. My drugstore just has Kleenex.
Old 26 February 2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I'm at some sort of a VIP event where I'm allowed to go to a lot of food tasting stations and try different varieties of meat loaf, prime rib, etc.

I'm allowed to attend because I'm an expert on something and the organizers wanted me as some sort of a consultant.

The woman at one of the meat loaf stations distributing the meat loaf is complaining because her product isn't as hot as that served at some of the other stations and she's getting poor evaluations for something that isn't her fault.

Thanks.

Bill
I attended another of these VIP events.

Someone tipped over my ice water.

Then, one of the people running the event called me over and criticized me for yelling at the person who tipped it over (which I did not). Of course he didn't criticize the other person for tipping it over.

And, I missed the main course of the meal.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 03 March 2018, 04:36 PM

Make sure you plan ahead and don't wait until 20 minutes before your wedding ceremony to start planning your attire. You might discover that the only clothing you own that fits is ugly Christmas sweaters and jean shorts.
Old 03 March 2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errata View Post
Make sure you plan ahead and don't wait until 20 minutes before your wedding ceremony to start planning your attire. You might discover that the only clothing you own that fits is ugly Christmas sweaters and jean shorts.

Better than double denim!
Old 04 March 2018, 08:11 AM

Whalephant

A friend from my school days and her husband have decided to start their own European tour company. They pressure me to go though I don't want to as I haven't seen her in 30 years and am afraid it will be a huge group and I will be constantly ignored. I get pressured into it and sure enough, 24/7 injokes and the like.

I desert the bus in Cologne (where the entire city is on fire) but no one notices until two days later in Berlin and don't bother to try and get in touch with me until the tour is over.
Old 05 March 2018, 07:34 AM

If your dreaming yourself to Europe again, don't forget to check in at Hamburg.
Old 05 March 2018, 07:50 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Enrico View Post
If your dreaming yourself to Europe again, don't forget to check in at Hamburg.
I'll make sure to do that.

I have no idea why I had Cologne burning down.
Old 06 March 2018, 09:37 PM

Apparently there was some type of terrible crime committed and the person who did it is expected to get the death penalty.

The two suspects are (1) a shabbily dressed man, possibly homeless, and (2) a man in a suit and tie.

I happened to meet the shabbily dressed man, and thought he talked and acted strangely; then I met a woman who's apparently one of the prosecutors who told me "if you think *he's* weird you should see" the well-dressed man, who apparently committed the crime.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 07 March 2018, 01:04 PM

The school where I attended business school has been renamed the "Little School."

Don't know if that's because of the small size of the program or because it was renamed for some benefactor named Little.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 07 March 2018, 03:53 PM

Florida was briefly a Dutch colony in between the period when it was ruled by Spain and becoming part of the US. There was a brief civil war among the Dutch colonists, which led the colony to collapse, which is how Florida became a US state.
Old 08 March 2018, 12:49 AM

Mouse

What have I learned in my dreams? That I'm apparently the lamest person ever. I dreamed that a product I enjoy, had a Ziploc-style seal. No surrealism or any of the stereotypical flights of fantasy associated with dreams, just product design.
Old 08 March 2018, 12:46 PM

I once dreamt that I got, showered and got dressed for work. So when the alarm did go off I thought "I can lay in a bit cause I am already dressed"
Closed Thread