snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 23 May 2018, 01:49 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasla View Post
I hate those skittles pox ads. Who watches them and things "Yum I want some skittles" it puts me off eating skittles but anything that looks like them or eating in general.
Thatís pretty much the reaction everyone has to that ad. Hence why in my post, Iíve theorized that maybe Putin is responsible for it.
Old 23 May 2018, 02:23 AM

Icon605

I hate those ads that make you think if you save money you somehow have more money. Itís common in ads for big-ticket items like cars and houses, where a particular type of financing may save the buyer several thousand dollars. But it is then claimed that they can buy a holiday/mountain bike/jetski with the money they now have.
Itís annoying as they do not have any more money than they started out with. I see this at least once or twice a day on TV.
Old 23 May 2018, 12:27 PM

I feel the same way about those commercials from money lenders that make it seem like all your problems are over when you borrow from them. What you see flashing by in the extremely tiny print is how much interest you will be paying on that loan . I totally get that sometimes there may not be much choice for a person but the commercials make it seem like after you borrow from them life is a walk in the park and all is good - they neglect to focus on the payment plan and how long you will be paying them back. You are exchanging one form of debt for another not being given a gift by kindly fairies.
Old 23 May 2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I feel the same way about those commercials from money lenders that make it seem like all your problems are over when you borrow from them. What you see flashing by in the extremely tiny print is how much interest you will be paying on that loan . I totally get that sometimes there may not be much choice for a person but the commercials make it seem like after you borrow from them life is a walk in the park and all is good - they neglect to focus on the payment plan and how long you will be paying them back. You are exchanging one form of debt for another not being given a gift by kindly fairies.
So true. Another similar case is "we borrowed from xyz and now we have enough left over for a holiday".
No you fool, you just borrowed more than you needed in the first place.