snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Spook Central

Old 12 April 2009, 05:40 AM

Icon104 The Road to Area 51

Area 51. It's the most famous military institution in the world that doesn't officially exist. If it did, it would be found about 100 miles outside Las Vegas in Nevada's high desert, tucked between an Air Force base and an abandoned nuclear testing ground. Then again, maybe not the U.S. government refuses to say. You can't drive anywhere close to it, and until recently, the airspace overhead was restricted all the way to outer space. Any mention of Area 51 gets redacted from official documents, even those that have been declassified for decades.

The problem is the myths of Area 51 are hard to dispute if no one can speak on the record about what actually happened there. Well, now, for the first time, someone is ready to talk in fact, five men are, and their stories rival the most outrageous of rumors.

http://www.latimes.com/la-mag-april0...0,786384.story
Old 12 April 2009, 07:27 AM
Altered Statesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
in fact, five men are, and their stories rival the most outrageous of rumors.
I bet they aren't as outrageous as Bob Lazars stories .
Old 12 April 2009, 07:35 AM

These stories to rival the most outrageous of rumours seem to boil down to "We flew secret experimental aircraft out of this facility" and "The secret aircraft we flew were secret." Who guessed?
Old 15 April 2009, 12:28 AM

I think my father spent some time in Area 51. He use to speculate on what they did there. Then after a few trips to California that he could not talk about, all he would ever say about the place was they and some weird looking aircraft there. Some of them easily be mistaken for vehicles of extraterrestrial origins. By the way he talked about it made me believe he saw what he was talking about (I should say the way he avoids say to much about it).

Yeah, I will go with they flew secret experimental and they were secret and not all of conventional design.