snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > About This Site > Snopes Spotting

Old 10 July 2007, 09:36 PM

Icon24 Throwing cold water on myths helps those thirsting for the truth

You know how some days you're just going about your business, walking down the street, hands in your pockets, whistling a merry showtune, on your way to the soda fountain with your fedora artfully bopping about, when something just comes along and, suddenly, immediately, changes everything you know about everything?

That is how I felt when my dad first told me that professional wrestling wasn't real. (The resultant few hours involved an embarrassing amount of sobbing.)

I also felt that way recently, when I read that the claim people need to drink eight glasses of water a day is a lie -- a monstrous, hideous lie.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/news/o...01EDT2.article
Old 10 July 2007, 09:42 PM

Now that was funny. If might have to send an YOMANK e-mail. I really liked this part.

Quote:
Maybe the health industry isn't behind this at all. Maybe it's a nefarious plumbing consortium -- Big Toilet, if you will -- that is making mints off of our repeated over-watered trips to the restroom two or three or 24 times an hour.

Maybe there's some sort of shady, backroom cabal of sweaty, overweight executive types, lighting cigars with rolled-up $100 bills because they get a cut every time a toilet is flushed -- every time the pipes run anew with fresh, fresh water.

Yes! That has to be the answer!

Of course, I can't prove any of this.

But there's an easy way to verify: Just see if municipal water plants have received any recent calls from Cheney.