snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 07 June 2018, 11:05 AM

Judge Man dubbed Australia's 'poo jogger' resigns from corporate role

Article here with blurred out photo:
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...corporate-role
Quote:
A Brisbane corporate manager who is alleged to be a serial public defecator after being photographed with his pants down on a suburban street has quit his job.

Andrew Douglas Macintosh, 64, was dubbed the “poo jogger” after a story in the Courier-Mail on Thursday morning generated enormous interest on the internet.

Macintosh was also a member of a Brisbane council advisory board.

He came to the attention of police after a sting operation by a local resident, who set out to catch a jogger suspected of relieving himself on the footpath outside an apartment block more than 30 times.
There's many many more articles in other newspapers where they don't blur out his face or his ass, pretty much every news outlet in the nation has picked up the story.
Old 07 June 2018, 01:33 PM

Why is this not the first of these stories I have read? There was a woman in Colorado too.
Old 07 June 2018, 03:00 PM

Since everybody poops and there are many jerks, the law of averages would suggest some people use pooping to be jerks.
Old 07 June 2018, 03:54 PM

His company seems to think it’s more than being a jerk, if I’m reading the bolded section of their quote correctly.

Quote:
Aveo Group is distressed and disappointed at the alleged incidents concerning Mr Macintosh. He has tendered his resignation to the company today and is no longer an employee of Aveo Group.

Aveo will continue to extend its support to Mr Macintosh for help that he may require.
It’s so outside the cultural norm I think some people see public pooping as a possible mental illness issue.
Old 07 June 2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pink Pill View Post
His company seems to think it’s more than being a jerk, if I’m reading the bolded section of their quote correctly.

It’s so outside the cultural norm I think some people see public pooping as a possible mental illness issue.
Aveo runs retirement villages, so my first thought was that they may be expecting him to go from employee to resident.