snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Weird News

Old 20 September 2017, 12:28 AM

Default Colorado police hunt 'Mad Pooper' jogger

Police in Colorado are looking for a mystery jogger - dubbed "the Mad Pooper" - who keeps defecating outside a family's home.

Cathy Budde says the woman has left human waste in front of her property about seven times in recent weeks, even though there are public toilets nearby.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41327420
Old 20 September 2017, 12:36 AM

I swear we discussed a nearly identical case before -- a jogger who kept defecating in front of the same person's house. I actually thought this was an old thread that got bumped for some reason. I still wonder if the BBC just went and republished an old story, because this story sounds so familiar.
Old 20 September 2017, 05:49 AM

Yeah, that's in our city. I'm surprised the local news hasn't been making more of a fuss over it, actually. I've seen it covered more in wider media.
Old 20 September 2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
According to ABC-affiliate KOAT, the man who lives at the Albuquerque home, identified only as "Bobby," said the female jogger has defecated against the wall of his residence at least four times. He said he has no idea who she is, or why she's doing it.
From 2013:
http://www.wcti12.com/news/man-says-...39259/15218147

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
I swear we discussed a nearly identical case before -- a jogger who kept defecating in front of the same person's house.
I don't know if we discussed it here before but, yeah, rather similar.
Old 21 September 2017, 11:58 PM

Yup, that's the story I was thinking of. I figure I must have found out about it here, because I can't think of anywhere else I would have come across a story about a jogger pooping in someone's yard.
Old 22 September 2017, 04:20 AM

Charmin offers a year supply of toilet paper to the 'Mad Pooper' if she turns herself in

Colorado Springs police are still looking for the 'mad pooper'- a female jogger who was caught multiple times pooping in a family's yard.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/char...f-in/477712587
Old 22 September 2017, 05:56 AM

It's weird to poop in public. It's even weirder to do it repetitively. But the weirdest thing of all would be to come forward and admit to everyone that it was you, cause hey, free toilet paper.

The hepatitis outbreaks in Ca are a good reminder of why this is a genuine issue, though. I never thought I'd need to say this, but something really needs to be done about public pooping.
Old 22 September 2017, 03:01 PM

I have difficulty even picturing how this is happening...perhaps I don't want to. What I mean though, is how do they know it's a she without having physically caught her? I mean, really, pooping clothed, well partially I guess, is the definition of getting caught with your pants down. It's just so odd. She seems to either really like or really hate that particular family.
Old 22 September 2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanz View Post
What I mean though, is how do they know it's a she without having physically caught her?
The homeowner did confront the pooper, according to the initial post, and her children saw her pooping there another time.
Old 22 September 2017, 03:26 PM

According to the article in the OP, they have both video of her and the homeowner has confronted her several times about it.

ETA: I thought about refreshing in case I'd been spanked, but I didn't do it.
Old 22 September 2017, 03:27 PM

Ugh, that's what I get for not reading the whole article. Sorry.