snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Closed Thread

Old 27 December 2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGeekyGirl View Post
I still want to get a nice artificial tree and just decorate it for each holiday! A literal holiday tree!
I don't know if this is a thing anymore but when I was growing up - so circa mid 60s- mid-70s we had several neighbours who had trees like that. If memory serves they were basically made of wire coat hangers. Anyway for various holidays they'd get decorated appropriately. I only recall Christmas, Easter and Halloween but there may have been other seasonal or fun type themes that got used. To be honest I thought they were a little weird but they were a trendy thing for at least a little while in my neck of the woods.
Old 27 December 2017, 12:49 AM

Around this time of year our Christmas tree usually gets decorated with New Year decorations. Sometimes it stays up for a few more holidays. We just like having a decorated tree in our place!
Old 27 December 2017, 02:31 AM

Another spoiler-related LTTAM: Earlier today I Googled a show I like to see when the next season is going to start. One of the top results was an article that had a season finale spoiler in the headline. Why?!
Old 27 December 2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I still want to get a nice artificial tree and just decorate it for each holiday! A literal holiday tree!
My mom has a holiday wreath, made up of grape vines, that changes with the holidays. After New Year's Day it will have hearts, then shamrocks, then Easter eggs, etc. And since it hangs on the wall it doesn't take up any floor space.
Old 27 December 2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Get the old fashioned ones you stick the branches in holes, and for May Day, just strip them all out to get your maypole...

Old 27 December 2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
Get the old fashioned ones you stick the branches in holes, and for May Day, just strip them all out to get your maypole...

That sounds like the first artificial tree we had. My husband's parents gave us their old one. And I mean old one! No matter how much trimming we did it still looked like a broomstick with branches stuck in it! We decided to think of it as an historical artifact .
Old 27 December 2017, 06:19 PM

Quite literally LTTAM: Lice. I just paid an exorbitant amount of money to have someone delouse my daughter and me. It wasn't bad enough that she got lice. She had to give them to me, too. Though that probably explains why my head was itchy.
Closed Thread