snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 02 November 2018, 07:35 PM

Glasses

Dressed as pirates, or half-dressed as pirates? The latter would be more visually interesting.

Seaboe
Old 02 November 2018, 09:42 PM

They were dressed when that part of my dream started. Let's leave it at that.
Old 03 November 2018, 10:49 AM

I imagine being issued with the parrot in that troupe would make your eyes water...

ETA: and I advise extreme caution on the “Helicopter Hook” manouver.
Old 03 November 2018, 10:56 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootsie Plunkette View Post
I am the stage manager for a show featuring pirates. Or, as it turned out, buff young men dressed as pirates for a Chippendales type show.

I didn't learn much from this dream, other than I have a new career goal to be a stage manager for a Chippendales type show featuring buff young men dressed as pirates.
I think that's an excellent career goal.
Old 03 November 2018, 01:24 PM

I was wondering why I haven't had a dream to post for a fair while, and now I realized it's because I've been sleeping through the entire night, and not lazing in bed on the weekends, allowing myself to fall back asleep. All of the dreams I can remember are thanks to broken sleep habits. So that's something I learned about my dreams.
Old 05 November 2018, 04:25 PM

(from Saturday night)

I attended an all-you-can eat Chinese food buffet.

Unfortunately, by the time I arrived most of the selections had run out; there was only one entree and it wasn't especially one of my favorites.

I still had a great time, though.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05 November 2018, 04:40 PM

I was in the classic movie version of The Wizard of Oz and I'm working with a group of high school students who are putting on a version, sharing my experience.

I'm taking to a couple of them, entertaining them with what it was like working on the movie, but I'm wondering if any of them wonders how I could be that old that I could have worked on it. I'm wondering how I got to be that old myself.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 05 November 2018, 04:44 PM

Icon402

Did anyone ask about the tragic death of a munchkin, caught up in some ropes and hanged by the neck while the cameras were rolling?
Old 05 November 2018, 05:06 PM

A standard mortgage agreement allows the mortgage company to give permission for an art exhibit to be held on your front lawn.

But they can't give permission for the art exhibit to put a sideboard on your lawn. If they do, they have to give you a lot of money.
Old 05 November 2018, 05:09 PM

Thing I learned several nights ago but forgot to post: My sister now goes into "therapist mode" in the middle of ordinary conversations, asking things like "How did that make you feel?" and taking notes during the conversation. Yes, she is a therapist in real life.
Old 09 November 2018, 11:08 AM

Whalephant

I have been invited by some guy and his wife to spend Thanksgiving with them, and after I land in Austin, Texas, I find out they live outside of Austin in a rural area. On a road named Cow Pansy Road.
Old 09 November 2018, 02:25 PM

At least it's not Cow Pat Road --
Old 09 November 2018, 02:33 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
At least it's not Cow Pat Road --
I spent a great deal of the dream trying to figure out exactly what a cow pansy was. Black and white? A strain cows loved to eat? No idea.
Old 10 November 2018, 04:33 PM

The institution where I got my master's degree has been remodeled (again).

Now, instead of a bunch of buildings, it's all one building.

The students have their own lockers, like in high school, color-coded for what program they're in.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 11 November 2018, 05:49 PM

I am associated in some fashion with a motorcycle club (read: gang, but not an actual member), and the club's leader has been killed by rivals. It's fallen to me to try and prevent all-out war by reading a magazine article that includes a letter from the deceased leader to the rest of the members; the letter should calm things down. Of course, even though I just bookmarked the article, once I start to read it out loud, the letter portion cannot be found, and instead I'm trying to piece together bits of the article, bits from memory and stuff half-seen through layers of transparencies in the magazine into a coherent narrative. I am not doing a good job, but it seems to work, more or less.

The club is staying overnight in a university building on the edge of a forest. I wake up early, grab my rifle, and cautiously poke my head up above window level to look for deer. Another person wakes up and asks what I'm doing; I explain how deer do this to look for movement, and I'm copying that behavior so I can hunt for food for the day. We go outside.

As we are looking for deer, a couple of bear cubs show up followed by their mother, a black bear the size of a grizzly bear. We are now very cautious and keep trying to move away from the bears, but the cubs keep following us and the momma bear keeps following them. Then poppa bear arrives. He is also grizzly-sized, but has a thick layer of pink paint and glitter instead of fur. He is instantly aggressive, and now we're running for our lives. I manage to use our van as an obstacle so that poppa bear gets stuck inside the van.

Well, it was a memorable narrative, at least. Wish it had made more sense.
Old 12 November 2018, 04:53 AM

Blow Your Top

If you've had a large red gummi worm stuck in your skull just above your teeth since you were a kid it'll feel really satisfying to finally pull it out but it's a very bad idea because it will mess up your skull and your teeth and you won't even be able to talk any more

This was one of those vivid dreams that carried over after I woke up so I was pleasantly relieved when I realised that my skull wasn't all messed up.
Old 12 November 2018, 02:35 PM

Men in business suits are dropping paper money as they use the stairwell, mostly small amounts, but including a thousand dollar bill.

I suppose it's all right if I take some of it home with me, as they don't seem to have any interest in picking it up.

Thanks.

Bill