snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 30 August 2018, 12:47 PM

Icon86 Man returns home from vacation to a mess

The dog sitter from Hell.

Caution: this site plays audio automatically.

In a nutshell, the dog owner came home and found two men in his house, a tube of lubricant, the dog sitter in the shower, and the poor dog (sitting in urine) confined to a bedroom.
Old 30 August 2018, 01:18 PM

What the nfbsk?!?!

I'd be furious and feel extremely violated. The situation is so bizarre it's almost funny, but I keep putting myself in the homeowner's place and imagining the next several weeks of never knowing where what something you're touching has been....
Old 30 August 2018, 02:30 PM

Also, anyone that has used that service in the past has to wonder if their walker was this one since she's not identified. They have to wonder what they'd have seen if they'd come home early too.
Old 30 August 2018, 03:24 PM

Icon02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
What the nfbsk?!?!

I'd be furious and feel extremely violated. .
You and me both! I think the first thing out of my mouth would be: where the hell is my dog?! Then I'd call the cops.
Old 30 August 2018, 03:58 PM

I would think that animal cruelty charges might be applicable.
Old 30 August 2018, 05:49 PM

My niece does pet sitting and won't even let her dad in the house with her. Most of the time she drives around to her visits by herself, but on long weekends and at Christmas when she is heavily booked, my BIL helps her by driving so she doesn't have to look for parking. Saves her time when she has a entire day of visits booked (I think it's minimum 1/2 at each place, depending on the service booked). She has only ever asked him to come into the house if there is a mechanical issue (water leak etc.) Mostly he sits in the car reading or walks around the neighbourhood.

My niece takes this job very seriously. She is on call a lot too in case another sitter has an issue (problem pet, problem in giving shots or meds, etc), she is the go-to pet whisperer.

The biggest problem (other than a cat getting out) was a leaking fish tank. Most of the water was on the floor when she got there. She ran around getting containers with water to try and rescue the fish that were still alive and then looking for rags or old towels to mop up. Only the plescostomus survived. The homeowners gave her a huge tip and a gift.
Old 30 August 2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
"It was just, just a total mess and I can only imagine what poor Jimbo saw in there," said Keller.
Wait, so is this guy trying to imply that his dog was traumatized by watching a human threesome?

Quote:
"To be completely honest, I didn't have WD-40 and my keys were stuck in my car, so I ended up grabbing what I had in my car, for things, that you know, I do on my personal time and I didn't think to put it back in my car," said the woman.
Yep, sounds legit.
Old 30 August 2018, 06:48 PM

That's the defense for the bottle of lube which is by far and away the least of the issues.
Old 30 August 2018, 06:51 PM

The "lube" was WD-40?
Old 30 August 2018, 06:59 PM

No, the lube was instead of WD-40 that one might use when metal was stuck to metal.