snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 26 May 2018, 12:12 PM

France

iTunes, when I buy an album, I want it in the same place, with the songs in the order they appear on the list, not in two places, with one song in one place and the others in another. Especially when it's the second song on the album.

Context : I recently (well, yesterday) bought The Greatest Showman soundtrack. And discovered that iTunes had put two albums in my library : one with the second song ("A Million dreams") and the other with the rest of the songs. Not the first time they did that : the soundtrack of the Flash episode "Duet" was victim of the same weirdness. Wonder why.
Old 29 May 2018, 12:35 PM

It distinguished between tracks that have different artists linked to them. It’s such an annoyance! It cannot handle compilation albums or most classical albums.

I don’t think there is a quick fix other than editing or removing the artist details on the song metadata.
Old 07 June 2018, 06:01 PM

Bang Head

Excel-what do you have against initials? Every time I try to use 'WOs' you change the O to lower case. I don't want it lower case; it's an abbreviation for Work Order; the plural being Work Orders. Presumptuous much?
Old 07 June 2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Off View Post
It distinguished between tracks that have different artists linked to them. Itís such an annoyance! It cannot handle compilation albums or most classical albums.

I donít think there is a quick fix other than editing or removing the artist details on the song metadata.
Yes, I usually check when importing CDs that it thinks all the tracks are by the same artist, and sometimes have to edit it several times to get it right... I think you can put the extra details in a note somewhere so that it preserves them without messing up the album classification, but it's fiddly.
Old 07 June 2018, 06:41 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
Excel-what do you have against initials? Every time I try to use 'WOs' you change the O to lower case.
DS,
You can turn this off. Go to File -> Options -> Proofing -> AutoCorrect Options, and uncheck Correct TWo INitial CApitals (yes, that's how it appears in the window).

Seaboe
Old 12 June 2018, 01:35 PM

Icon105

Thank you very much Seaboe!!
Old 17 June 2018, 12:05 AM

Dear spammer,

I don't have kids, so your "You have received a personalized Father's Day card" phishing email won't work on me at all.
Old 25 June 2018, 01:32 PM

Frying Pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Dear spammer,

I don't have kids, so your "You have received a personalized Father's Day card" phishing email won't work on me at all.
That you know of.

I once got an email that told me one of DH's cousins--who lived in the Philippines-had recently died and there was all this money just waiting for DH and I to pick up...

Yeah right. While I'm sure there are people of Polish descent living in the Philippines, DH only has two known cousins and the only one he regularly keeps in touch with lives in Florida. The other one may be in the Philippines, but I doubt it. Ya chose the wrong P-country bonehead!
Old 25 June 2018, 05:19 PM

Frying Pan

A little off-topic, but doncha just love the way Amazon has 'sign out' at the very bottom of the My Account drop-down menu? Because none of us know how to scroll down to find it.