snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > About This Site > Announcements

Old 22 January 2015, 12:12 PM

Default Greetings

Hello and thank you for reading my first post.

This post is gluten-free, and no animals were harmed in the typing of it. (apologies, however, for ending that sentence in a preposition).

Let's get this out of the way quickly, I'm OLD.

My sleep pattern goes like this:

I'm HOT (throws off blanket)
I'm COLD (pulls up blanket)
I'm HOT (throws off blanket)
I have to pee (goes potty)
I'm COLD (pulls up blanket)
I'm TIRED (alarm goes off).
sigh...

I did already have my 15 minutes of fame when I grounded my son on the World of Warcraft forums. You can still see bits of it out there if you put "Faydra Brion" in a google search box.

I have a Golden Doodle named Molly, best dog I have ever had, I adore her.
I have a Lhasa Apso/Terrier mix named Cody, he's my rescue problem child.
I have a cat named Maggie. Due to our contract and the fact that I'm terrified of her, I can't tell you much more about that.

I have a son (as previously mentioned). He's a good guy, I got lucky.

I work in IT, I love Firefly, the Big Bang Theory and Dollhouse.

When I was seven I wanted to invent a tiny little Christmas tree shaker that would jiggle the tree ever so gently so that the tinsel would always glimmer all pretty like. Based on my current bank account balance, my invention was not a success.

I have flown 164,474 miles since the beginning of 2014, and I'm really upset that none of you have invented the matter transmitter yet, what IS the holdup? huh?

Okay, I shall go exploring now.
Old 02 February 2015, 09:11 PM

Welcome, Faydra! I looked up the WoW grounding incident and it made me smile. Warms my heart to see gamer parents interacting with their kids and the shenanigans that can ensue.

And it's really cool to see another Dollhouse fan here! In my experience, the show seems to be woefully underappreciated. Adelle Dewitt is the morally questionable queen of my heart.
Old 02 February 2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faydra View Post

I have flown 164,474 miles since the beginning of 2014, and I'm really upset that none of you have invented the matter transmitter yet, what IS the holdup? huh?
We spent all that time developing the iPod/iPhone, and that's why no other important inventions have happened yet.*

~Psihala
(*If you believe Lewis Black, considering how many times and how many albums he brings it up.)
Old 06 January 2016, 06:47 PM

Default Another New Member

Howdy, all!

I'm a longtime Snopes fan who just got around to signing up. Those of you with interests that overlap mine might recognize my username from forums on playing cards, absinthe, Universal monster movies, etc. Perhaps the most relevant biographical fact about me for this forum is that I once shook Adam Savage's hand. You'll get to know me more as you read my posts here (or elsewhere, for that matter).