snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 17 January 2019, 03:44 PM

Bonsai Kitten Kitten-only cafe to open in Georgetown this March

Article here: https://wtop.com/animals-pets/2019/0...op-up/slide/1/
No threat of explosions, but I consider it my civic duty to alert my fellow DC area Snopesters (and potential visitors) to this. And yes, it's cute.
Old 17 January 2019, 03:51 PM

Maybe it is a sign of advancing age or laziness, but while I adore watching kittens play, I would much rather adopt an older cat that is past the peak of the Zoom! Crash! phase of cathood.
Old 17 January 2019, 03:57 PM

There is a kitten cafe near my house which is fun to visit, even if it leads to my wife and kids begging for a new kitten. I say sure, but our house limit is two, so which existing cat do you want to get ride of.
Old 17 January 2019, 04:02 PM

Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Maybe it is a sign of advancing age or laziness, but while I adore watching kittens play, I would much rather adopt an older cat that is past the peak of the Zoom! Crash! phase of cathood.
Let me introduce you to Gobi, who at 11 years of age, still has lots of piss and vinegar in him! No, he does not zoom like he used to, but he's been known to assert himself at times/chase one of the other cats into another part of the house.
He was almost seven when we adopted him, BTW. I love the look on his face as the three young'uns zoom by: kids these days...
Old 17 January 2019, 05:16 PM

I was going to say 'wait a minute, what are they doing with the kittens when they turn into cats?' but the article says the same people also run a couple of adult cat cafés, so I suppose anybody who ages out without being adopted just gets moved over into one of those. I hope so, anyway.

If I lived in a big city and had the funds and could get permission for the use, I'd set up a house with cats inside and an entry room sealed off from the inside as a type of large airlock, with slightly positive air pressure and lockers and cubicles with showers, for people like my cat-loving friend with a very allergic husband. Come in, take off your allergen-free clothes and leave them in a sealed bag, put on either one of the house robes or clothes you've brought with you (and you can rent a permanent locker, and just keep your cat clothes there.) Go into the house, pat and play and cuddle with cats. When you leave, take off the cat clothes, shower and wash cat dander out of your hair, dress in clean clothes, go home to your allergic family.

You'd need a big city for there to be enough people in that position to pay to keep the business running. I couldn't pull it off around here.
Old 17 January 2019, 05:20 PM

Icon19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
I was going to say 'wait a minute, what are they doing with the kittens when they turn into cats?' but the article says the same people also run a couple of adult cat cafés,
For those who want to see more pussy.

Think I'll log out now.