snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Business Bytes

Old 24 January 2018, 07:37 PM

Icon07 BioWare Doubles Down On Anthem As Pressure Mounts

Over the past few months, BioWare has essentially transformed into a single-game studio as it harnesses its teams to work on the ambitious multiplayer action game Anthem, sources say. There are still small teams maintaining Star Wars: The Old Republic and piecing together the next Dragon Age, which was recently rebooted, but the bulk of BioWare’s staff in both Edmonton and Austin are now on Anthem. And there’s a sense among BioWare employees that the company’s future is inextricably tied to this game.

https://kotaku.com/bioware-doubles-d...ium=Socialflow
Old 24 January 2018, 08:57 PM

Absolutely nothing I've heard or seen of Anthem has made me interested in it, especially given that EA's focus on it definitely hurt the development of ME:A.
Old 24 January 2018, 08:58 PM

I wish BioWare nothing but the best, but as long as EA owns them and pulling on both the financial and creative strings, I'll save my enthusiasm over Anthem until it actually gets released.

~Psihala
Old 24 January 2018, 09:08 PM

It would be a damned shame if BioWare went down the tubes, though there's part of me that hopes for a scenario where Anthem tanks for reasons that clearly put the blame on EA, and they either wind up dumping BioWare or firing them and the creative people put together a new company that can get back to really story-focused games.

(What I'd really kind of like to do is put them all to work on the sequel to Skyrim. Skyrim is a beautiful game that I enjoy playing, but I find the lack of real role-playing frustrating and the story a little too diffused. If one could put the two together somehow...*sigh* Oh, and convince the people at Bethesda that if you're going to spend so many millions making such a beautiful game, it might be worthwhile to hire more than four voice actors. God, I got sick of every male Nord having one of two voices....)
Old 24 January 2018, 09:41 PM

I was once a voice actor like you. 'Til I took an arrow in the larynx.
Old 24 January 2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft View Post
Oh, and convince the people at Bethesda that if you're going to spend so many millions making such a beautiful game, it might be worthwhile to hire more than four voice actors. God, I got sick of every male Nord having one of two voices....)
Look on the bright side, at least the Nords in Skyrim had two voice actors. In Oblivion, each represented race had one voice actor apiece who did all the voices for their particular race.

~Psihala
(*Could still listen to Paarthurnax talk all day long. And yes, I know he's the same voice actor who voices Mario.)
Old 24 January 2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
I was once a voice actor like you. 'Til I took an arrow in the larynx.
Let me guess, someone stole your sweet voice?