snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 05 October 2014, 09:38 PM

Default Walking Dead Season 5

It goes way beyond the notion of hell on Earth in the season premiere of “The Walking Dead,” which proves living through a zombie apocalypse is a fate worse than death.

Things weren’t looking great for our heroes when TV’s hottest drama wrapped up season four, and it won’t surprise anyone to learn things get a little worse when season five opens on Oct. 12.

What may startle many viewers, though, is an almost incidental remark that suggests there could be something after the zombie apocalypse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1960323
Old 13 October 2014, 10:10 PM

No comments yet?

The episode last night was full on! So glad that it wasn't a gently, gently, exposition-filled slow start. Carol has been my favourite character since season three; she just gets more and more badass.

I like how they are developing the relationship between Carol and Darryl; it's just a solid friendship without romantic drama. If they do end up together romantically, then that's fine. If not, that's fine, too. Really loving it.
Old 13 October 2014, 10:28 PM

I liked it. I continue to think the pacing of the show is odd. It remains to be seen if I'll think it was a mistake to take care of everything they did in one episode. It will depend on where they go from there.

I also liked what they revealed about Eugene knowing how to cure it. It makes sense why he personally has to go, and why he has to get to D.C.

And yes, Carol is awesome and kicks serious ass.
Old 14 October 2014, 12:58 AM

The episode just reminded me that the zombies are nothing more than a back drop for the absolutely horrifying human drama taking place. There were scenes that were downright brutal. I almost had to turn it off more than once.
Old 14 October 2014, 01:01 AM

Me too, Beach.
Old 14 October 2014, 01:04 AM

Did anyone else catch who the young man was (spoiler ahead) who was first killed by the trough? It was the young man with the dislocated shoulder that Carol and Rick found in the house in the 4th Season. The one hiding in the bathroom with his girlfriend.
Old 14 October 2014, 01:23 AM

Ah. That explains the watch Carol picked up.
Old 14 October 2014, 02:13 AM

Carol is an absolute badass.

This might sound odd, but in a way I'm actually disappointed none of the main characters died. Not because I want any of them to die, but we know it's going to happen this season and then dread is going to wear on now.

Morgan reappearing at the end was totally unexpected and is going to be interesting.

I want to know where Beth is!
Old 14 October 2014, 02:16 AM

I'm slightly happier about how they answered the Terminus question but it still kind of bugs me. Otherwise I enjoyed the episode and look forward to what happens next.
Old 14 October 2014, 03:27 AM

i look at the Story of Terminus as being drawn out over 5 or 6 episodes -- the ending of that arc had to be how it was --

This episode was, in my opinion, perfect. and it's been a long time coming.
Old 14 October 2014, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwins View Post
I also liked what they revealed about Eugene knowing how to cure it. It makes sense why he personally has to go, and why he has to get to D.C.
He still sounds like a fantasist, though, not a world class expert with a PhD/MD in virology. I've never met a graduate student with a mullet like that. He has the demeanor of some dork lying about their background to gain respect, and it's not like they can check him out with a Google search.

Maybe he's a Best Buy clerk who's read enough science fiction to sound vaguely sciency enough to talk the military dude into keeping him alive.
Old 14 October 2014, 04:27 AM

I would bet that hair styles mean a lot less after a worldwide apocalypse. A mullet just means he's gone a long time since that last time he visited a barber.
Old 14 October 2014, 04:36 AM

Then why is it business up front?
Old 14 October 2014, 04:48 AM

Probably hacked his bangs off to keep the hair out of his eyes.
Old 14 October 2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errata View Post
He still sounds like a fantasist, though, not a world class expert with a PhD/MD in virology. I've never met a graduate student with a mullet like that. He has the demeanor of some dork lying about their background to gain respect, and it's not like they can check him out with a Google search.

Maybe he's a Best Buy clerk who's read enough science fiction to sound vaguely sciency enough to talk the military dude into keeping him alive.
I had my suspicions about Eugene, too. The actor is playing him as Hollywood thinks someone with Asperge'rs would behave. I'm suspecting that he's made up this story in order to keep a posse around him for protection and companionship. The only thing that bother's me about this is how trusting the Prison Gang is about his story. But they've been a little too busy to sit down and play 20 Questions, I guess. Perhaps this scene will come up later.
Old 14 October 2014, 12:56 PM

I've gone back and forth on Eugene, as well. At this point, I'm leaning towards him being the genuine article, but I can read it either way.
Old 14 October 2014, 02:19 PM

See, I think Eugene is full of it.

As to the episode, Scott Gimple said on Talking Dead that the Terminus story is about the buildup that took place in season 4, and that this was the payoff. It would have dragged the story down to have them spend a lot of time there.
Old 14 October 2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errata View Post

COMICS SPOILER

In the comic books Eugene is a liar. He's actually a HS science teacher who was conning the military guys into believing he was a top government scientist who had the cure.

/END SPOILER

As for the mullet, that was ripped directly out of the comics. In fact his whole group looks more like comic book characters than most earlier characters than we've seen before. Eugene has the mullet. Abraham's facial hair is something rarely seen outside of biker bars. Rosita looks like she spends 2 hours every morning putting on her Lara Croft: Tomb Raider cosplay outfit.
Old 14 October 2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex View Post
As to the episode, Scott Gimple said on Talking Dead that the Terminus story is about the buildup that took place in season 4, and that this was the payoff. It would have dragged the story down to have them spend a lot of time there.
Yeah, that would not have worked. Their MO was to capture and slaughter, not really to keep around for a length of time, so there's really no way to drag things out.
Old 20 October 2014, 01:45 PM

Father Gabriel is hiding something...

The last 10 seconds were: