snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 23 February 2017, 03:14 PM

My standard is based on a few months after home release, so it would have at least 3 months left based on that. But I figure tracking home release is a bit much, so I would set it based on the original theatrical release. From a quick Google search, 90 days is a general rule of thumb between theatrical release and home viewing release of some kind.
Old 23 February 2017, 03:17 PM

Right, so I'm still not in in trouble for talking about a huge plot point from TFA.
Old 23 February 2017, 03:34 PM

Real trouble like I'm actually angry at you or fake trouble like joshing between friends?

No and Yes, in that order.

Also, I saw TFA in the theater, so you are about 14 months late to spoil it.

ETA: Note that the rules I go by are for general spoiling on SochMeed*, not specific spoiling. There is no expiration date where it is okay for g-you to specifically tell someone something in order to spoil it.

* Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer coined that term for social media to play with Trevor Noah and I'm trying to make it real.
** Any suggestions on how to spell it are welcome. SocMed looks like it would be pronounced Sock Med and stand for Socialized Medicine or such. SochMeed is getting away from the portmanteau spelling. SociMedi still looks like socialized medicine and is even farther from the pronunciation.

FETA: I'm not even sure how to get into spoilers from older media. Dumbledore's death was revealed in the books long before it happened in the movies, but still could be spoiler since many would not have read the books.

Last edited by GenYus234; 23 February 2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 24 February 2017, 12:04 PM

Well that was spooky. I was getting ready to post to this thread and they started talking "Star Wars" on "Life in Pieces"

They were talking episode 4 though.

I posted here about a woman bellowing out the Han died while we were in the toilets at the movie theatre. She had just come out. I was going in (to see another film but still)
I saw "The Force Awakens" a few days later.

It was like Homer talking to Marge about Darth Vader being Luke's father as they walked past a line of people waiting to see the next session in that episode of The Simpsons"

There are just things you don't talk about in the movie theatre. Major plot points is one of them. Something you shouldn't have to tell people.

Last edited by Dasla; 24 February 2017 at 12:14 PM.