snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Old 25 January 2017, 12:43 AM

Default First world problems

I like to do my taxes pretty much as soon as I have all the paperwork I need. So this time of year when the mail comes I'm always checking for my W-2 and 1099 forms, and it's slightly disappointing when they're not there.
Old 25 January 2017, 07:50 AM

Whalephant

My checks get issued from ADP and I can go onto their site and print off my W-2; does your paycheck company do something similar?
Old 25 January 2017, 11:54 PM

I'm taking Governance of IT. While I do commend the instructor for choosing a textbook that is freely available to us through OhioLINK, I feel that 3 chapters on the reasoning behind Sarbanes-Oxley is a bit much.
Old 26 January 2017, 12:08 AM

The season premiere of Better Call Saul doesn't start until April 10th. It used to begin in February.
Old 26 January 2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitap View Post
My checks get issued from ADP and I can go onto their site and print off my W-2; does your paycheck company do something similar?
The thing that complicates things a bit this year is the fact that I no longer work for the company I'll be getting the W-2 from. If I worked there I could access it on their internal web site, but I don't know of a way to do that from outside the company. But that's moot right now anyway; I looked for one of the 1099s I'll need online and just got a message saying to check back after Jan. 28.
Old 26 January 2017, 06:31 PM

Coke is ending their My Coke Rewards promotion where you enter codes from Coke products and get points that you can redeem for prizes. I usually enter the code whenever I happen to buy a Coke product and exchange the points for a coupon for a free 12 pack when I have enough. I probably won't have enough points for that or really anything worthwhile before the program ends, so the points I have will most likely go to waste. I mean they do have sweepstakes for a small number of points per entry, but it's not likely I'll actually get anything from that.
Old 26 January 2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Coke is ending their My Coke Rewards promotion where you enter codes from Coke products and get points that you can redeem for prizes. I usually enter the code whenever I happen to buy a Coke product and exchange the points for a coupon for a free 12 pack when I have enough. I probably won't have enough points for that or really anything worthwhile before the program ends, so the points I have will most likely go to waste. I mean they do have sweepstakes for a small number of points per entry, but it's not likely I'll actually get anything from that.
Ack! I'm deep into that; when's it gonna end? June 30? And no code point entry after March 22? OK, I think I can make that work. Glad you said something.
Old 31 January 2017, 07:50 PM

I just realized I mistakenly bought caffeine free soda last week. No wonder I felt like I was going through caffeine withdrawal yesterday.
Old 31 January 2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervus View Post
The season premiere of Better Call Saul doesn't start until April 10th. It used to begin in February.
What season is it up to now? I've got the first two on DVD - is the one you're waiting to see the third, or fourth?

My first world problem is extreme laziness. Even though I know perfectly well how to use Google, I've learned that if I simply type my question in natural language into a message board, somebody will come along and answer it for me. I can check back at my convenience, and there it is!
Old 31 January 2017, 09:56 PM

I have a bigger first world problem now. I had the struts replaced on my car last week. Ever since then the right rear wheel made an annoying squeaking sound going over even the slightest bump. So I went back to the shop and they told me that strut was defective. It's under warranty, but that means I have to go through the inconvenience of taking it back there yet again.
Old 01 February 2017, 01:04 AM

Canada

Quote:
I have a bigger first world problem now. I had the struts replaced on my car last week. Ever since then the right rear wheel made an annoying squeaking sound going over even the slightest bump. So I went back to the shop and they told me that strut was defective. It's under warranty, but that means I have to go through the inconvenience of taking it back there yet again.

I went though 3 alternators in 6 months. The first was the original , the second died after 4 months and the third after 5 weeks.

I was so glad I had the paperwork for the warranties of the latter two otherwise it would have cost a lot of pennies..
Old 01 February 2017, 02:47 AM

Mouse

I wanted to do a SKYPE chat with my writing group, but the person at the other end couldn't work things out.
Old 01 February 2017, 12:42 PM

Tantrum

So much for my New Year's Resolution of staying top of clutter!
Old 01 February 2017, 08:55 PM

Crash

Ever have a bruise so acute that it sort of itches, and is sore even when it's left alone?

I have one now on my left upper arm. The bathroom in our house is very narrow, and just inside the door to the right is a cabinet suspended up on the wall kind of like a kitchen cabinet. Accident-prone as I am, I'm often bumping into the darned thing when leaving the bathroom and the other day was no exception. I hammered my arm into that sharp corner at the bottom of the cabinet, and felt it for a good long time.

Now I have one of those sore and itchy bruises that looks like a greyish-purple strawberry about halfway between my shoulder and elbow.

Ow...
Old 02 February 2017, 03:02 PM

Glasses

I had a bruise once that took more than two years to fully heal. I know what you mean, TGG.

Seaboe
Old 02 February 2017, 08:40 PM

I bought what I thought was pre-cooked seasoned chicken strips that I was going to make into tacos, but when I opened the package I discovered that it was actually pre-cooked whole chicken breasts. So I ate them without making tacos.
Old 02 February 2017, 10:05 PM

Spit Take

Quote:
Coke is ending their My Coke Rewards promotion where you enter codes from Coke products and get points that you can redeem for prizes.
I used to do that, and got some really neat stuff (we love our red toaster and Coke ice cream scoop), but I geve up on it when they changed the program a few years back. I know a lot of people were upset with the changes. Sorry to see it end.
Old 03 February 2017, 12:29 PM

I finally have a job I want to apply to and my job search advisor called in sick.
Old 03 February 2017, 01:24 PM

Icon204

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I bought what I thought was pre-cooked seasoned chicken strips that I was going to make into tacos, but when I opened the package I discovered that it was actually pre-cooked whole chicken breasts. So I ate them without making tacos.

Having to cut them into strips would have been a FWP as well.
Old 03 February 2017, 10:43 PM

My last three days of freedom (well, two and a half now) before I start my new job on Monday and it's supposed to rain.