snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 11 December 2015, 08:44 PM

Well, if you're using that gun have you taken Bloody Mess?
Old 11 December 2015, 08:54 PM

I would, but Luck and Charisma are (and probably always will be) my dump stats. I'm too busy turning myself into a stealthy invulnerable gunsmith / armorer.
Old 11 December 2015, 10:03 PM

Well, Bloody Mess is mostly for giggles anyway. The Luck skill you really want to make sure to get is Scrounger. One or two ranks of that any you'll have no worries about ammo- you'll even start finding random Mini Nukes and Fusion Cells.
Old 14 December 2015, 04:16 PM

This time around, Strength and Endurance are my dump stats. I'm going super heavy on Luck and Charisma, with enough Intelligence and Perception to handle Master level lockpicking and hacking.

Nick Valentine's reactions to the Mysterious Stranger (my favorite perk of all time) are delightful.
Old 14 December 2015, 04:46 PM

I don't have much trouble with ammo, I get a fair bit off enemies and the merchants' inventory refreshes so often that I buy from them when I'm selling off my scrounged weapons and armor. I've got over 1,000 rounds of my favorites and I'm not that far through the game.
Old 14 December 2015, 05:10 PM

Scrounger is best if you decide to specialize in ammo-intensive fully-automatic weapons or at higher levels finding ammo for the Gauss Rifle or Railway Rifle (which have two of the rarest ammo types in the game).
Old 14 December 2015, 05:47 PM

Actually, I do use fully automatic weapons. I've been maxing out the damage potential of my fully automatic weapons both with crafting and perks so I don't seem to need much ammo for any enemy. For example, I took out a Legendary Deathclaw with two magazines of 10mm (40-48 rounds).

It might become an issue later on, but I've been collecting 2mm EC, plasma rounds, and 5mm so I should have plenty when those weapons become available (or necessary).
Old 15 December 2015, 01:35 PM

So, do all the factions in Fallout 4 have the same answer to the Institute? Because I've now reached the end for a second one, and they want me to do the same thing. The thing that I won't do again. The one thing that I would hope at least some fairly large subset of people living in the aftermath of a nuclear war would not do. The thing that I wouldn't do in Fallout 3, either, but that only stopped me from one set of quests rather than putting the brakes on the whole game.

I suppose that there is no way that the Institute will do that thing, so I guess that makes them the good guys in the whole thing.
Old 15 December 2015, 05:38 PM

Everybody hates the Institute, and the Institute hates everyone else. None of the factions are fully heroic and none are fully villainous (though the game does get kinda dumb with what they do to make the Minutemen and Railroad dip into the Dark Side).
Old 15 December 2015, 05:43 PM

Relevant to your dilemma, Darth Credence (beware of spoilers):

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...trating-story/
Old 15 December 2015, 07:00 PM

Yep, Jenn, that's about right. I will not play my Minuteman character again, and I won't finish the game with the Brotherhood or Railroad.

And based on the ending that everyone except the Institute does, I'm going to say that at least three of the factions are fully villainous. I don't know enough about the Institute to say one way or the other, but I was clinging to the hope that they never actually replaced people. Finding the two people who looked just like each other arguing about who was the synth put a stop to that, however.
Old 15 December 2015, 09:02 PM

The Institute has been actively assassinating anyone in the Commonwealth with knowledge of before the War.
Old 20 December 2015, 10:54 AM

Icon18

The Australian and I have been playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, a cooperative game in which you play two halves of a bomb squad. One player has a randomly generated bomb, the other has a PDF containing all the rules of how to defuse it, and neither can see the other's information. Success depends on your ability to communicate and interpret instructions, and if you take too long or misunderstand each other too often, then boom. We're having all kinds of fun with it thus far.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Old 28 December 2015, 05:09 AM

Some friends gave me a $50 Steam gift certificate for Christmas. This was nice timing, as I had just been contemplating finally getting around to buying Skyrim. So I've been playing that for the past week or so -- not too deep into it yet (I expect -- I'm around level 9) but it is pretty absorbing. Fortunately it's been around long enough that I can go to the web for hints on some of the less obvious stuff.

At the same time, they were having a featured sale on something I'd never heard of called Kerbal Space Program, which, for those of us who have been playing PC games long enough, is sort of like someone took Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space and remade it with Minions. The Kerbals are odd looking little creatures like that who speak (when they do) in gibberish, but they're pretty much in the background -- basically, you're managing their space program. In career mode, you start with a one-Kebal capsule, a solid rocket motor, and a parachute, and you take contracts and research new technologies to work your way up. I haven't gotten past simple orbital missions yet, but apparently you can explore their whole star system if you persevere. (There's a sandbox mode that gives you access to the whole range of technology and no budget restrictions, and a 'Science' mode that's kind of in between, where you have to research new tech but don't have to worry about budget or prestige.) It's pretty cute, and apparently the orbital mechanics are a fairly good simulation. It definitely has the old Civilization problem, though: "Well, one more launch before I go to bed....well, maybe just one more......" etc. etc.
Old 28 December 2015, 06:12 AM

Oh, you are going to lose days, possibly even weeks of your life.
Old 28 December 2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
At the same time, they were having a featured sale on something I'd never heard of called Kerbal Space Program, which, for those of us who have been playing PC games long enough, is sort of like someone took Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space and remade it with Minions.
I think you'll like Kerbal Space Program. I got it while it was still an early alpha release.

If you need pointers about it, check out Scott Manley's YouTube channel. He's widely regarded as being a KSP guru, and has several tutorials on it.

(He's also an astronomer and freely interjects real science into his explanations.)

~Psihala
Old 28 December 2015, 05:05 PM

My nephew has been playing Need for speed 2015 for the last 3 days -- i dont understand it.. the cars all handle the same, sound the same and play the same (to me) they just look different. the races all look the same. the music all sounds the same. i find it mind numbing to watch it.
Old 29 December 2015, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psihala View Post
If you need pointers about it, check out Scott Manley's YouTube channel. He's widely regarded as being a KSP guru, and has several tutorials on it.
I may, although I tend to strongly prefer written/illustrated tutorials, rather than video. Just how my mind works.
Old 29 December 2015, 05:58 AM

I'm still hooked on Battlefield 4. It was good a year ago, but it's getting better and better with each update.

Quote:
At the same time, they were having a featured sale on something I'd never heard of called Kerbal Space Program, which, for those of us who have been playing PC games long enough, is sort of like someone took Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space and remade it with Minions.
You'll like Kerbal Space Program, it's a wonderful game, and great education as well. Much of the basics can be learned simply by doing, but when you come to orbital mechanics, Scott Manleys videos are by far the easiest to understand.

I also strongly recommend the mod MechJeb, which is an autopilot which can help you do some manouvers. It greatly helps you understand what you need to do to achieve what you want to do (such as interplanetary transfers, which I tend to bungle up big time if I try them by hand).

I must have spent like 500 hours on that game, building the most amazing spaceships which sometimes don't break apart and blow up within seconds of launch (it doesn't help that I make my ships 50-100 times heavier than most players...).
Old 29 December 2015, 01:00 PM

Still playing Fallout 4. I'm getting near-ish to the end, and I don't want to finish it, so I'm doing every side quest I can find. Or at least I was, now I'm level grinding on the BoS Radiant quests (Cleansing the Commonweath and Quartermastery). I'm about halfway between level 59 and 60 now and have reached the point where if I'm in sneak mode I can one-shot just about anything. But oddly, I'm still having fun, so no reason to change it up yet.