snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 10 December 2014, 03:37 PM

Rabbit Things you learned in your dreams

If you slide down a tiered hill (that was a cliff when you were at the top) in Malta in the wrong place, they'll get mad at you for disturbing the landscaping. The right place is more like a long slide, but there's a line to use it.

Seaboe
Old 10 December 2014, 05:27 PM

Royalty

My husband leaves his dirty clothes in red wheel-barrows in supermarket car parks, I had to drive round to collect them before they are thrown out by store staff.

Last edited by queen of the caramels; 10 December 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: speeling..
Old 10 December 2014, 05:30 PM

Fawns like to travel in the gas tanks of cars, with their heads poking out of the gas-cap hole.
Old 10 December 2014, 05:50 PM

If you're invited to help a YouTuber produce their shows, don't spill cherry Jell-O on their carpet. Even if the carpet is filthy anyway, they'll rescind their job offer for staining the carpet.
Old 10 December 2014, 07:46 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
Fawns like to travel in the gas tanks of cars, with their heads poking out of the gas-cap hole.
I love this picture.

Seaboe
Old 10 December 2014, 08:59 PM

It was adorable. And really strange.
Old 10 December 2014, 11:58 PM

I have to build a compost heap because I bought a hybrid car.
Old 11 December 2014, 02:54 PM

I was invited to view the execution of several convicts at a federal institution. But I got into the wrong line and found myself among the condemned in a holding room and given an orange jumper. But I said, "Wait a minute, I'm not even supposed to be here! What am I charged with?". And the answer came back, "Treason". Then I'm like, "Treason? But I haven't even been tried and convicted yet!! Where's my lawyer?!"

Unfortunately, the only lawyers who were available were the corny kind of the flavor of Oliver Platt in "Indecent Proposal". Not very promising. I'd fair better by calling Saul.

BTW, did we just close off the other thread? Is there a limit of 1000 posts per thread?

Last edited by Dondi; 11 December 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11 December 2014, 03:25 PM

Threads are closed after 50 pages or so. It's either pages or post count, I'm not sure which, but it works out to be a bout 50 pages.
Old 11 December 2014, 03:34 PM

TGG, I thought you were telling us about what you learned in a dream. I thought you were really needing to get some off-board time if you have dreams like that! To add to what you say, since a page has 20 posts, a new thread is created/old one closed when the old one gets to 1000 posts, although it generally depends on someone taking the initiative (especially on the closing part - usually the process is handled by an admin, but I have seen new-version threads started by non-admins*), so an old one often goes over.

*it just occurred to me that it could be that an admin has closed an old thread that went over 1000 posts and starts the new thread by migrating the posts entered after the 1000th, and so the new thread would show the person who made the 1001 post on the old thread as the starter of the new thread, because that is the first post in the new thread.
Old 11 December 2014, 03:49 PM

Thank you TGG and ATNM for that clear explanation.
Old 11 December 2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
a page has 20 posts.
Actually, the default is 20, but you can customize the number of posts displayed per page in your user settings. I imagine almost everyone just sticks with the default though.
Old 11 December 2014, 07:26 PM

Too late to edit my last post, but I just remembered last night's dream: I was living in a dorm type environment with a bunch of roommates. Mike Birbiglia* came over to hang out with us, or maybe he was just one of my roommates. He was joking around and basically acting like he does on stage, which in retrospect is kind of ironic because in his act he talks about how he actually doesn't tell that many jokes off stage.

*I just went to his show last night, so I'm sure that's why he'd seeped into my brain.

Whenever I or anyone else has a dream about a celebrity I always those celebrities ever Google themselves and come across this thread and get confused reading these posts out of context.
Old 12 December 2014, 02:23 PM

I was across the street.

In my neighbor's house, you enter into a kitchen which in turn enters into a supermarket. I suddenly remembered that all the stores in the chain are styled that way.

Thanks.

Bill
Old 14 December 2014, 04:47 PM

Our cat rides to school on a big yellow bus - when she isn't hiding under something playing hookey, as she apparently was doing last night.

Also, the federal government wants to control the internet by enacting new regulations on internet providers about who can get online, and most major providers are on board. The indie ISPs are being driven into hiding, but are still holding out. And our neighbors (the dream neighbors, not the real ones) are in cahoots with the feds, so I have to hide from them, or spy on them, or something.

While waiting for the school bus, because I still think our cat is on it and I need to pick her up and walk her home.
Old 15 December 2014, 09:14 AM

Whalephant

Tunguska is actually in Alaska not Siberia and is a National Park. Unfortunately it is so underfunded that the Disney company had to come to its rescue and fund everything, which is why all tee-shirts you buy there have Mickey ears prominently printed on them.
Old 15 December 2014, 06:16 PM

Joe Bentley drives an actual Bentley automobile.

*Speaking of which, I haven't seen him post in a long time. I assume his Navy duties are keeping him away from the board.
Old 18 December 2014, 07:15 PM

I've murdered someone, and I just remembered the body is still in my trunk. Now I have to dispose of it before I go to pick up my parents at the airport, but the street is blocked off because one of my neighbors has Ebola.
Old 19 December 2014, 07:51 AM

My company has contracted an organisation to do some web design for us, except somehow there's something dodgy going on. The fact that they have a morgue isn't what tips us off - the fact that every bit of food they serve us doesn't require refrigeration does. I investigate by pretending to be a member of the IRS, and discover that they are a cult to a Cthulhoid monstrosity who wants to fill the air with particles of elemental sodium. I am able to persuade them to send their sodium generator to the moon instead by showing them the Wikipedia article about elemental sodium.
Old 19 December 2014, 09:23 AM
Barbara

Crash

I'm about to be in a car accident - I unthinkingly rear-end another vehicle, in the process totaling my beloved Taurus and garnering for myself a minor head injury.